ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this cat up after much searching. It's a Romainian SAR-1, 2002 model. I got the rifle, (1) 10rnd mag, (2) 30rnd mags, and 1000rnd of wolf FMJ.

Went to the range yesterday and spent a little white getting comfortable with it...then couldn't pass up throwing 30rnds downrange in about 4 seconds:D

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'd be careful with the ammo, beleive it is corrosive. Should have a boxer primer. It leaves a residue that will eat away at any imperfection weakening the weapon...good find.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rlem00 said:
I'd be careful with the ammo, beleive it is corrosive. Should have a boxer primer. It leaves a residue that will eat away at any imperfection weakening the weapon...good find.
It's berdan primed, which is needed for an AK. Also, it says non-corrosive, but $10 says you are correct and it is, indeed, corrosive. I clean the hell out of the barrel just to make sure.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's legal to own a full auto firearm, but unfortunatly, mine is not. You would have to buy one that is full auto, and pay all associated taxes and fees. Not to mention the gun itself would be about $10K.

Mine is only semi...although I could make it full auto by myself, but again, thats illegal and the minimum sentance is 10years. : (

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dsel said:
but the deer would be in 10 pieces before he knew what hit him.
Thats why I dont hunt...also, for hunting you need to have less than a 5rnd mag. I was going to try and join the Deer Task Force of the township building I sorta work for. (population control)

Platinum_REX03 said:
I bet you can chop down trees with that thing....
Funny story...2 friends on 410 shotguns, 1 on a 12ga w/slugs, 1 on a .22lr, and me on my .30-06...we took down a six in diameter tree pretty fast.

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
23,050 Posts
You will have fun shooting that puppy. I have a Colt AR-15,that I've been thinking about selling,but I can't bring myself to do it yet. :)

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I thought 30 round mags were illegal? Or I guess they are just illegal to sell now.

Eh what isnt illegal.

Cool weapon.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fixxxer said:
I think they're just illegal to produce. You can find "pre-ban" magazines all over the place.
Indeed. Illegal in NJ, CA, and a few other lil guys.

Also, for those who care...The ban that barred them from being made will sunset September 13th, 10 years after clinton made it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is that an en-bloc M1 garand clip up in the top left corner? THATS A real rifle. Avtomat Kalashnikov's and their knockoffs are really fun to shoot. So are Samozariadnyia Karabina Simonova's(SKS). there are so many assesories for AK/SKS you can customize with, its like upgrading your car. kind of.

·
Registered
631 Posts
CKxx said:

Also, for those who care...The ban that barred them from being made will sunset September 13th, 10 years after clinton made it.
I can't wait!! Hopefully Thompson drums will be affordable again, I can't see paying $1200 for a 100 rounder. Factory still makes the 50 rd drums, but only law enforcement can get 'em.

Speaking of which, CKxx you need to get a drum for that AK. I think most places sell them for $75 or somewhat close to that.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Havespoon said:
Is that an en-bloc M1 garand clip up in the top left corner? THATS A real rifle.
That is a real rifle... Thats why I have one :D

The M1 is my classic car, the AK is my civic hatch.

As for upgrading, dont worry, just today I polished the charging handle, and a fully adjustable trigger and some other bits are on the way. It looks badass.

·
2,564 Posts
josnroh said:
You will have fun shooting that puppy. I have a Colt AR-15,that I've been thinking about selling,but I can't bring myself to do it yet. :)
Joe,

Don't sell it without letting me know first!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts