Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just doing the last stage of product design and trying to set a price for this hood scoop.
Basically this is a scoop similar to the OEM STI scoop with vertical supports, it has a built in air splitter though and even if I say so myself the Scoop is really nice.
I need to know a couple of things from you the public:

1. Is the STI scoop high enough for everyone?
2. Would people want a built in screen/mesh?
3. Is $125 unreasonable for full retail, it will be cheaper for GB?

If there are any suggestions I would appreciate them.

Thanks for the help,

Dino.

P.S First 100 will go for $99

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok that sounds like a deal to me. What is it made from? Will you offer painted? What is the splitter like? STi height sounds good to me,maybe even a little taller to be different. I could take or leave the screen,they look ok. Put me down for one, CHRIS....

·
Registered
82 Posts
I like the Sti height, but a tiny bit higher would be even better for my taste. The screen would be good.If its carbon fibre or something you can offer painted for that price then definatly count me in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
STI height or a little higher is cool with me. Not sure about the Screen/Mesh...maybe if the screen was powder coated black. Sounds like a good deal with the built in splitter!! Put me down for one. By the way what happened to the thread in i-club? Said I wanted on over there also but the tread looks like it got deleted a couple of days ago? Looking forward to seeing some pictures!!

Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
29 Posts
verdict

I think the collective opinion is a little taller than STi hight,maybe a 1/2 inch or so. Are you getting together with WRX1 to get the splitters? He is selling them for 25 bucks and they look pretty good. I wouldn't mind a black screen in mine but it would need to be removable when the scoop is painted. Just my 2 cents,when will you have them ready? CHRIS....

p.s could you make any in carbon fiber?

·
Registered
198 Posts
painted hood scoop

Consider me in if you can offer these painted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would definitely be interested in one if it is painted. Regarding the height I don't think that much taller than the STI would be a very good idea. The STI scoop creates alot more drag, and decreases visiblity quite a bit by itself.

·
Registered
29 Posts
MANELIS

Hey man we haven't heard from you since you posted this sale. Are you still doing this? How is the scoop coming? We'd all love to see some pics of your work,thanks,CHRIS.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Be careful.......

I hope I am wrong, but I don't think so.

I think this same person posted something like this on I-club, then fell off the face of the earth. I searched I-club for that thread, but it is gone.

I am interested also, but just like I -club, the person posted and was never heard from again.

If this is a different person, then I will apologize........

Just a heads up.........:(

·
Registered
295 Posts
Best Prices?

Well, if you guys can post a link on the best price for a Genuine STi hoodscoop, do it. I'm sure I can decently beat it...almost an unofficial group buy! Let me know....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts