Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brother took out the car and he gteched it without telling me. anyhow, he gteched it a couple of times. once without break torqueing and got a 14.7 with a 0-60 in 6.06. second time he did it, he broke torque and got a 14.11 with a 0-60 in 5.3 seconds. im pretty sure it is a bit faster, because i have an uppipe leak. he did this run on an open road that is extremely flat, if anyone has ever been down buckley right before 41, you know what i mean. im very happy with these gtech times though :) also... im guessing i have an uppipe leak, but for some reason, it seems like im getting some pretty bad gas mileage. would that have anything to do with an uppipe leak? or no?

my mods are:
silencer removed
grounding
nokian wr tires
boostmonkey at 15psi
uppipe w/ leak
3" cat back without muffler, just tip

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
did it twice again, 14.08 with a 5.2 0-60, and 14.2 with a 5.39 0-60. im liking these numbers. all i need now is to get some synthetic oil and fix the uppipe leak and ill try it out again!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Damn! How did you get such good times? I did the Pro Torque TC, and have a dual stage MBC set at 16 psi. The best 0-60 I ever got was 5.7s, and that was with 3100 rpm brake torque (can't get higher than that). If I just stomp on the gas, my 0-60 is about 6.6-6.8s.

Could an up-pipe and a catback be worth that much?

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Wow, awesome times, especially without the brake torque. I really wonder now if my car can hit high 13s easily without upgrading the TC!

TonyG said:
Could an up-pipe and a catback be worth that much?
I bet it could. Vishnu just posted some dyno results of the iON Performance turbo with the stock axle-back and one without any axle-back at all...no axle-back = +15 whp! :eek: Of course, that's with a larger turbo, but still...it'll make a difference...and the uppipe will definitely make a difference too since your powerband will be widened.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
u all dont understand.... boostmonkey! i reallly believe this is what has helped my times sooooo much. i get no loss in boost at all! if i had to pick what gave my the most power, its the boostmonkey. i feel a nice difference in the uppipe, the car isnt so 'boggy', it feels more unrestricted. thank god i lost that cat cuz i am more secure that the turbo wont have problems because of the damn cat restricting performance and longitivity. :) anyhow, ill see what else i can get.

im happy cuz stock i was getting around 8.1 0-60 without break torquing!!!!

trust me, just that much of mods can really increase power, i can feeel how much faster my car really is!

peter

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Is brake torquing bad for your Torque Converter?

·
Registered
95 Posts
For a prolonged period of time, it causes damage due to heat. Also, launching with tons of break torque launches will shorten the life of your transmission.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice numbers on the stock TC ellinopedo182.

I just did a gtech run and got a 5.3 second 0-60 without brake torque.

joe:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts