ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight was one of the most amazing nights I have had in a long time. A few days ago Z called me......."the modchip is here". We were now able to play GT4 hells ya.

So we headed out to dinner first at this amazing italian rest, with an amazing waitress....."so hot want to touch the heiny". Good times.

Then time for GT4, it was my task to figure out the modchip and get it working. Got everything done and we all sat in anticipation....... we were left in utter awe from the opening vid.

Then came time to play. The graphics are simply jaw dropping, so much clearer & crisp then GT3, just amazing. Nothing, and I mean nothing comes even remotely close to this....nothing. The physics engine has been redone and is spot on, the steering wheel is ungodly, words cannot do this setup the justice it deserves. You can feel the car through the wheel, braking is pronounced, body roll etc etc, the nose diving under braking ....it's all there. The sound.....the sound is incredible, the noises are orgasmic.

We started to do the license crap to unlock cars, and the car I had to use was a full blown JGTC NSX, nobody thought much of it......till they heard the sounds it made infrikincredible. Every touch of the gas, idle, blip etc was perfect, the induction noises ahhhhhh.

The rally stages are beautiful, and much harder then before. Then there are the Euro street tracks that make Monaco look like childs play. So tight, weaving in and out of corners down a city street....everything is blind. The rally fans run out to take pictures and dart out of the way before you hit them.

Time to talk about the cars. In the JDM prologue disk, some of the better cars are the JGTC NSX, JGTC Skyline, JGTC Impreza, Mclaren F1 GTR, GT40, and many others. The Mclaren is disgusting, amazing brakes, handling, never ending powerband simply incredible.

Not much else I can say, go play it. If you are a fan of the GT series then you will go insane when you play this. Forget about Project Gotham and all those garbage games, this is the real deal. We started at about 10:30 and didnt stop till about 4am when we finished the tests. Time for bed.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chunks said:
im installing a modchip for a friend.... I assume you got a solderless.... :mad:

Taking me f'ing forever and I don't have a very small tip so i have to be so fing careful
I actually bought the slide card. No chip involved;) . I dont even have to open the system.....so simple.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another note to add. With the steering wheel, when you run up on the curbing it tries to pull you up onto it just like real curbing on a track, you can also feel it locking up the brakes, torque steer etc etc.

Then theres the replays. In Prologue you get to drive on a few tracks, one being Tskuba(sp?) which is the track they always use for the Best Motoring Vids. When we watched the replays it was as if we were watching a Best Motoring vid, the graphics were that perfect, the way the car moved was mind blowing.

Thanks for thee replys, I was quite estatic when I wrote that last night.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chunks said:
can you go more indepth on the physics?

3 kind've pissed me off when I went airborne felt like I would either hit a ceiling or one end (front or back) wieghed 18x more than the other end.
Let's just say the Rally jumps are realistic as all hell. The physics are perfect especially with the wheel.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Imprezzed said:
what steering system u running? im using logitech driving force PRO, it is amazing, cant wait for GT4!!!
Im using the newest Logitech wheel that was designed for GT4, the one with the sequential shifter on the side.

With this wheel and GT3 you don't get the full effect that you do with GT4, GT4 allows 900 degrees of steering and a lot better feedback. If you think it's amazing now, just wait till you play it with GT4:D .

·
Registered
27 Posts
so ive had my GT4 logitech wheel for 12 days and the force feedback system failed, good thing they gave a year for the warranty. i was playing and honestly thought that my tires were so finished that the car was just slippin around, then i came to the realization that the stupid thing wasnt working. i got it at BEST BUY and i got a replacement unit. when i got there the girl told me they could only replace it up until 30 days after purchase. then u have to deal with LOGITECH, im sure that is going to be SLOOOW process if this one fails. :confused:

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went out and bought the Monster Cable Component setup for the PS2, ran it through my widescreen tv with the aspect ratio at 16:9. Then for audio I used an optical cable to run through my surround sound.

Lets just say, visually it is much much better then before, and audio is still great. The graphics are amazing.

Also, the reason there is no damage is simple. Two main reasons..... one, the companies don't want there cars to damage easier then another car etc making them look bad, and two.......theres not enough room on the dvd to power it at the moment.

They hope to include this in the future GT5 for PS3 though.

·
Registered
860 Posts
IMHO, the logitech pro sucks with GT3. it better be good on GT4 or im going to be pissed. i can pull MUCH faster lap times with the controller than with the steering wheel with GT3...and i hate how when you come out of a corner, the wheel goes back and forth and back and forth. wtf is that? my car doesnt do that in real life...plus, my steering wheel is hard to turn...my car isnt that hard to steer. argh. GT4 better be improved in the force feedback dept.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts