ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After many months of waiting the STI is finally finished and tuned. The results w/ a GT30R turbo are 407whp and 402tq on 93 octane on 23psi.

Modifications include:
Forged rods, pistons, iron cylinder sleeves
Godspeed Stage 4 Spec R 520 turbo kit
Garrett GT30R turbo
GT Spec Gen II header with custom uppipe
Tial 38mm external wastegate venting back to downpipe
Godspeed custom downpipe
Godspeed GT oil feed line
Custom coolant and oil drain lines
Godspeed 3.25 inch MAF housing, intake pipe, and K&N air filter
Godspeed aluminum radiator
Crucial 160 degree thermostat
PE 850 cc injectors (Godspeed modified)
Walbro 255 l/hr fuel pump
APS DR650 front mount intercooler
Greddy Profec B V2 boost controller
Turbo XS STI UTEC
Greddy Evo cat back exhaust
WorxTuning BOV
ACT heavy duty street clutch
Defi gauges (boost, egt, oil temp)

This car is just sick to drive. Can't wait to get it to the track!

Thanks to Dan @ Godspeed for all of his help during this process. Also, a special thanks to Mike for turning the wrenches during a few setbacks during tuning.

Todd

·
4,769 Posts
New Record! STi hits 407 WHP on 93 octane

Here's the dyno sheet:

Mods are as follows:

Godspeed 2.5 liter block
ARP Head Bolts (stock STi head gaskets)
Stock heads, cams, and TGV's
GT Spec Gen II manifold
Godspeed Custom Uppipe with Tial 38mm wastegate
Godspeed Custom Downpipe
Greddy EVO
GT30R with custom 3 inch inlet
Godspeed 2.75 inch aluminum intake pipe w/ larger MAF
PE 850cc injectors
Godspeed Radiator and Thermostat
STi UTEC

Car is insane on the street as the customer can tell you. Brake upgrade is desperately needed. Car is very quiet. With cams and headwork I'm sure we can hit 450 WHP all on 93 octane fuel.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Can you give some more info regarding the built block and what psi you were at to attain these numbers?

You're getting some serious drop off at higher rpms! Did you tune that in or are the heads simply not flowing enough? I can't imagine the GT30R running out of breathe!

·
4,769 Posts
THe turbo isn't even working hard at all. It's actually not even in it's peak efficiency range yet. The cams and heads are just not cutting it at that point. Boost was peaking at 23 PSI and leveling off to 22.5 PSI. For some reason we were getting a bit of spiking on the Profec B II. Next up I'm building a WRX to try to achieve 450 WHP on pump fuel. Will keep everyone posted.
Block is sleeved with forged internals.

·
6,298 Posts
Awesome numbers Todd. Can't wait to ride in it!! See you on Sunday!

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
God said:
THe turbo isn't even working hard at all. It's actually not even in it's peak efficiency range yet. The cams and heads are just not cutting it at that point. Boost was peaking at 23 PSI and leveling off to 22.5 PSI. For some reason we were getting a bit of spiking on the Profec B II. Next up I'm building a WRX to try to achieve 450 WHP on pump fuel. Will keep everyone posted.
Block is sleeved with forged internals.
I figured it was the heads. Are you gonna try to make 450whp on the stock WRX heads?! (please say no... If I see that it can be done I'm gonna have to replicate it! LOL)

Again, nice numbers and good job!

·
Registered
677 Posts
One of my friends has an RB25 swapped 240SX and is looking at new turbos. I'm definately gonna show him this dyno sheet since the turbo should flow about the same since his engine is also 2.5liters (except that his will do 9000 revs all day long).

Great results. Take it to the track!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I just went to Dan's shop today and he told me about this car....

Im only running on 3 cyl. with only 25psi on #4 =)

I just ordered this kit =)..

I blew / destroyed almost every stock part already.. My last mod was a GimmeGear Street/Sport set..

Going to the STi Block,I cant wait!!

·
6,298 Posts
With Todd's permission, we will hopefully be posting up some vids of his car soon. We are meeting tomorrow and hope to get in some rolling runs, etc, against my mostly stock STi, just to see how fast he leaves me in the dust!!

I CAN'T WAIT TO RIDE IN THAT BADA$$ STi!!!:D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts