Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about these?
I use VividRacing as a source to see what's out there, then find prices. For $250, the price doesn't seem all that bad. However, that price also makes me question... Why so cheap?
Whem compared to the JDM lights which Vr sell for a good $900, it really raises a few questions to me!

The style looks cool, however from what I can tell... Lacks a turn signal. Not all that good in the case of turning where there is oncoming traffic. Rear traffic isn't a problem though obviously.

Any thoughts on this?

~ Dan (Zapix)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I wouldn't get them. I've heard the quality is very poor and the low beam is not a true projector like the morette's or jdm lights.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea on WRC replicas that are good?
The JDM ones are great, but the price is out of my range.
Planning on using my tax return to buy something for my WRX as a late Christmas gift for it. I'll have about $300 to spend.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found some WRC type ones on fastwrx.com
Seemingly like the rest of the lights, NONE are street legal.

1.) Are any of the lights DOT approved (street legal)?!?
Seems the only ones are the JDM HID lights, were a a huge cost of over $2000!!!! No way in hell am I spending that kind of money

2.) Anyone know anything about the ones from fastwrx.com?
They're apparently made by some well known European company and are designed for LHD cars... Any know anything about em?

Thanks!

~ Dan (Zapix)

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I have the WRC knock offs and I like them just fine. I saw them for $175 shipped. For a price that low, it wouldn't have bothered me if I didn't like them. Quality is okay, and no the low beams aren't true projectors. I put some hyper white bulbs in it and it's bright as hell.

Here's a pic

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The WRC replicas from VividRacing.com
Even leaves out the turn signal for more real look...
http://www.vividracing.com/images/replica/wrclight.gif
$249.99
Brand new from GT Spec are these replica WRC headlights for your new age WRX. These lights will work with 1 piece grills or the stock 3 piece grill. Projector housings provide stronger lighting over stock. ABS plastic covers are paintable. Some wiring is necessary. For more info contact us.

The WRC ones from fast.com
Leaves the turn signal in...
http://www.fastwrx.com/wrxstylhead.html
$699
For that authentic World Rally Car look, go with this high-quality European projector lamp system from Orciari. The factory single-piece headlamp is replaced by a cluster of three lamps, each with separate optics, placed in a black ABS plastic housing. (The turn signal lives where the real WRC car has a vent; the vent-like indentation on this headlamp is just for show.)
The light elements are from Hella, so you know they're high-quality. They take standard H7 bulbs (see HID option below!). They are designed for left-hand drive cars, so you don't have to worry about any aiming difficulties.
Installation is straightforward. Since the OEM light is a single-bulb, and the WRX-style has split high- and low-beam, you will have to do a little wiring work, but it's easy and instructions are provided.
Like any aftermarket headlamp, these are not DOT approved, so they are for offroad or show use only in the U.S.

Also, how good is ABS plastic? I see body kits made from this on the site. Is it any good?

~ Dan (Zapix)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Paint the lights yourself and spend $10

Take the leftover $280 and put it towards engine or suspension upgrades

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The ones from Orciari come with H7 white bulbs, whixh is a plus! Not sure what the GT Specs come with, but considering they're both made of ABS plastic, it's really a matter of price now...
I could buy the GT Specs and get some H7 bulbs for them, and have the same as the Orciari lights, minus the turn signal.
Am I correct?

In this case... Now it's a matter of wanting a turn signal or not, right?

~ Dan (Zapix)

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
The Orciari lights are true projectors. Between that an the higher quality, you spend and extra $200 or whatever. The GT lights, despite what Vivid says, are not projectors. Look at the damn picture.

I wish vendors would stop spreading misinformation. Between this and the HKS "stainless steel" downpipe, I've caught two this week alone! :mad:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the ones from Orciari it is then!

I had a feeling I'd get them, but I wanted one more reason to stay away from VividRacing.

Now to see if I can find a lower price in the Orciari lights!

THANKS!

between these and the UTEC chip, I've decided on 2 upgrades I wasn't sure on yet!

~ Dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts