Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw him and tried to catch up. Yellow, body kit, looked like 18" wheels, mahn, go -kart reflexes, we were both dipping through traffic and I tried hard (going 65-70 in a 35) but to no avial.

I have not had a chance to race one on the highway or from a start but I cannot wait!:cool:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
300HP, now the GS400 is a car that can give a WRX a run for it's money. Welcome to the club! What kind of 1/4 miles are you seeing with that (oh so comfy) beast?

-Jim

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that the Lexus is faster than the WRX above 110 mph. After the 1/4 mile was over or cruising down the highway and rolling on, that 4.0L DOHC V-8 will be in its element. 0-150mph, I think the Lexus could take a WRX like mine which has less than $400 in the motor so far. Of course, once I get my ECU upgrade, it'll be a whole new ball game.

-Jim

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the engine pulls hard at all revs but I have opened it up to 152 vs a M5 in FL. But the WRX is hell from what I can tell let alone when the STI comes over here.....

happy Motoring

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well just remember that GS400 van also get alot of parts from Japan as well. There are alot of companies that make parts for them. He can get everything he wants including a turbo setup. The fun cars over here are the new Toyota Soarers with the 2JZ turbo motors in them. They can get up and haul some ass for drags or for drifting. Toyota makes alot of fast cars here using the 2JZ turbo motor.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have raced a GS400 in a 0-80mph battle. They are not that fast at off the line. A WRX has a big advantage 0-60mph on one. A WRX with a MBC will get a nice jump on one off the line and keep it easy in a short race. It will take a long race for the GS400 to catch and pass a WRX.
Once the GS400 gets going its pretty fast. I wouldn't want to race one at speed 80mph +. That wouldn't be a smart thing unless you have some good mods.

·
1,911 Posts
My mum has one and I've driven one extensively. Bear no mind to the 1/4 mile times, it is VERY fast on the highway. It will kill an E36 M3 with ease and I'm sure it is more than a match for a stock turbo'd WRX. That thing has gobs of torque. Unless you're racing 0-60 I wouldn't try it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well GS 400 fastest time was 5.7 0-60
GS 430 is 5.8 (no more e-shift)

My automobile mag just came in, seems you guys won auto of the year!:cool:

I saw a few modded WRXs at the Nopi nationals, I recommend going!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts