ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
thats nothing. did that for years. worse when your the boss.

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Those are pretty long hours. What do you do?

I can't wait until I have to work 100+ hour weeks in a few years. :eek3:

·
Registered
108 Posts
i'm an intern.

congress recently passed a law saying that we can't work more than 80 hours a week.

my schedule changes every month, but roughly i work 12 hour days five or six days a week with every third day being an overnight shift that starts at 7am on day one and ends at 7pm on day two.

trip.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I'm a wildland engine captain......from june to late october we work 12-16 hours a day....up to 14 days in a row......1 day off and then back for another 14 days....

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
i dont really work grueling hours, but at my last job i was only working 12 hours a week....

at my new job i am working 40hours a week, for the summer, and i SO NOT USED TO IT! this is nothing compared to some of you guys, but coming from working 12 hours a week for 3 years, and only a 2mintute drive,- to forty hours a week and an hour drive... it sucks!

i am already sick of working, lol
and i am only 18

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
641 Posts
For a while last year I was working 2 full time jobs. 60 hours at one 40 at the other. I had no free time at all. Im glad to be in my little 40 hour a week, mon through fri, 8am to 430pm job.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I've heard that lawyers have it pretty rough before they make partner - one of my coworker's husband had to go to work around 7AM and usually didnt' get home until around 3AM.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Now is supposed to be 8a - 5p, but usually is not in my best interest to leave if there are any unresolved problems (I'm actually expected to stay until everything is fixed).
And oncall after hours (which I get a phone call about 1 a week at 1am to come in to reboot a router or something stupid) Oh well, atleast im getting paid for it :D

EDIT : forgot, I also need to work every third weekend. Which for some reason seems to fall on a lot of the meets that go on here :mad:

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Yeah, technically my hours are 8-5 as well, but I always come in early. (Good time to get work done, and to, well, check the forum. :) )

I'm salary and in management, so I'm expected to stick around to work through problems that may arise. Goes with the territory. I don't do the 80 hour week thing anymore. I did it throughout my 20's while I was establishing myself, but at this point I'd rather be at home with my family.

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
I've done the 75-80 hour week thing working on projects before (I even spent 36 hours straight at work - I left because I was starting to smell).

When I was in my senior year of college I used to get up at 6:00 and go directly to school. I was cramming a ton of classes in so I went straight w/ no lunch until 3:30. I then went to work from 4:00-10:00. That was fun. Breakfast at 6:00am and then no food until 10:30 at night.

Work the long hours while you are young with no family as it can put a serious hurt on relationships.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
sarcasmo said:
Work the long hours while you are young with no family as it can put a serious hurt on relationships.
Wisdom.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts