ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as some of you may have read my AC isnt working..the compressor kicks on just fine. I recharged the system with one of those little cans from autozone. If you push the pin on the high side of the ac system really hot r134a shoots out...you can smell it. So the system is pressurized but for some reason that coolant isnt cold..or condensed or whatever. Any ideas cause its getting really bad!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
The entire system ( high & low side ) is under pressure in a freon system. It could be condensed as it should be, but when you blow it off to atmosphere, it will vapourize. Are the rad fans coming on with the AC? You may have the incorrect quantity of refrigerant. MAybe take it to an AC shop, or a dealer. THey can measure the suction and discharge pressures and tell you what is going on. The liquid line from the condenser back to the evaporator should be close to ambient temperature, the suction from the evaporator to the compressor should be cold and the discharge line from the compressor to the condenser should be hot.

Also, I assume you lost the charge at one point ( maybe by hitting the deer as listed in your sig ). You may also need oil in the system. Typically the AC will have a few ounces of oil in the system to lube the compressor. If you have run to long without ol, the compressor could be done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts