Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I am looking for help diagnosing the problem.
A few weeks ago I played in the snow taking sharp corners and then started hearing grinding coming from the front. It seems like noise is coming from the centre of the car. Lately started taking sharp corners in the dry road and noticed the same grinding sound. It only appears when I accelerate cornering. When I take corners without heavy acceleration there is no sound. No clicking noise or any other noises. Also when accelerate heavily on the strait road there's no problems.
Would cv joint start to wear out? Or wheel bearings? Any ideas?

·
Registered
334 Posts
The CV can probably be checked by lifting the car on jack stands and rotating the wheel by hand- excessive play on one axle may indicate a CV issue.

I think the first place to check is the brake pads. Mine wore out very gradually and one day I started hearing a grinding noise in the front of the car (but it was not regularly associated with braking or turning- it was tied with the seemingly random resting place of the brake pads on the disc when I was not braking, but I did not know this at the time) when the pads wore down to metal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an update. Jacked the car up. No noise coming from cv axles or breaks. Cv boots ( inner and outer) in good shape.No play in hub bearings. No oil leaks neither. Maybe centre diff slowly deteriorates. :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts