ClubWRX Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Let's establish some facts: this is a common experience with WRXs and STIs. My 2017 WRX does it too. It doesn't have anything to do with rubbing on plastic, side skirts, wheels lifting or anything like that. It has nothing to do with traction control settings. So what is it? Anyone who owns a 4x4 with a locking center differential can duplicate this... i.e. my Toyota Land Cruiser fully locked-up will do the same thing. My conclusion: The all-wheel-drive system on WRXs and STIs allows so very little differential speed between each wheel, that it acts like it is almost fully locked up all the time. Which make it one of the best non-truck or SUV vehicles for snow driving (except for the low clearance).

·
Æternum
15,142 Posts
Let's establish some facts: this is a common experience with WRXs and STIs. My 2017 WRX does it too. It doesn't have anything to do with rubbing on plastic, side skirts, wheels lifting or anything like that. It has nothing to do with traction control settings. So what is it? Anyone who owns a 4x4 with a locking center differential can duplicate this... i.e. my Toyota Land Cruiser fully locked-up will do the same thing. My conclusion: The all-wheel-drive system on WRXs and STIs allows so very little differential speed between each wheel, that it acts like it is almost fully locked up all the time. Which make it one of the best non-truck or SUV vehicles for snow driving (except for the low clearance).
A swing and a miss...

On a 5 year old thread too

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks guys, I jut bought a 2020 WRX and it does the same thing what discussed above (rubbing noise while turning into uphill driveway). I was really worried and this shed some light on it. I will discuss this to dealer soon 👍🏼

21 - 23 of 23 Posts