Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the car shifts fine but sometimes when i get on it and shift i can hear a grind going into 2nd but only happens sometimes not all the time when i shift into 2nd. all other gears are fine. Normal driving and if i get on it a little its fine no grinding at all itonly happens when i shift at 6500-6800.

any thoughts. im going to change the tranny fluid because i allways do that after 3k miles on all my cars. There is a pan on the sti tranny which i will clean and clean teh pan and put in mt-90 redline because people have had good results and even cobb said thats a good way to go.

now if i go to dealer and say oh yah its grinding at 6500-6800 gear changes only in 2nd they can say oh you are racing it thats why its making that noise. if it was doing it under normal driving then i could say it makes the noise at any speed going into 2nd but i think telling them it does it at 6500-6800rpms they will raise their eye brow

·
Banned
968 Posts
Sounds like the 2nd gear syncro.

If you tell them the 6500 - 6800 thing, just tell them "What am I only allowed to rev my car to a certain RPM?"

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it comes and goes, now im not speed shifting to fast into second and im fine. im going to change tranny fluid see if that helps

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when i shift i shift real fast so im sure to get it to do like i did htey will say its abusive. i just half to shift a little slower

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah same here shifting fast around 6k+ does it. Check your tranny fluid and see if it is burnt. I'm going to have some motul 300 75w90 this weekend i guess, and see if that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts