ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got the grimspeed re-locator and while installing it, i was screwing the license-plate to the re-locator metal like black plate, and it just turned the screw that holds the little C shaped swivel part. after laying around with it for about a half hour i got it pretty sturdy on there, but im always concerned ill hit a bump, the plate will like swivel down and it'll hang and possibly fall. am i just being too cautious or do i need to put some extra lock-tite on the screw or something.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Hmm, I'm not quite sure I follow you. Could you post a pic of what you're looking at?

The shaft bolted to the tow hook port should be torqued to 45 ft-lbs. This is about 2/3rds the torque of the wheel lugs, so at that torque, it's not going anywhere with just the license plate hanging off it.

If you meant the U-bracket bolt to the shaft, I would NOT put loctite on that, since you need to remove it if you need to use the tow hook.

Make sure the bolt is snug, and you'll be fine. That bolt is supporting very little mass, so I would not expect any issues, but if you're still worried, go out and drive a stretch of rough road, or maybe several speed bumps, and then check for snugness. You could also pick up a lock washer, but be mindful that this is aluminum, and the lock washer will likely gouge the bracket a little bit.

Also, not be a jerk, but grammar and spelling go a LONG way toward making your questions clear and easy to follow. We all try and help, but it's very hard to do that when you can't decipher what the OP is asking. Just a friendly FYI. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts