Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The shifter feel is an aspect of the WRX that I always felt could benefit from aftermarket help. It initially felt sloppy and didnt inspire confidence in shifts. Eventually I upgraded the shifter bushings and installed a Mode SS, but I still felt that it was notchy. I had always wanted a knob with more weight, but I really wasn't satisfied with the options out there. At one point I ordered a custom knob from WC Latheworks(incredible service btw), but it ended up being too light for my tastes. Recently Grimmspeed released a knob that looked pretty nice and price even better so I pulled the trigger.

Gear shift Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Mid-size car

All I can say is-WOW. Great feel. Great weight. Fast shipment and best of all, shifting into gears feels smooth and effortless. I might lower the lever bit more, but before anyone says that I will undoubtedly sear my palm come summer time I will say that I drove around for 6 years with a TWM stainless knob in my previous car with no issues in the blazing summer temperatures of deep deep deeeeeep South Texas.:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Nice! I've been thinking of replacing my TWM SS knob for this for the added weight plus the shape looks a tad more ergonomically than just a ball shape. Agreed on the heat, it can get a bit sizzling but nothing unbearable.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've got the Perrin knob and yes a weighted know makes a world of difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts