ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone put the grillecraft grills on an 08+? I am most likely going to get all 3 in black for my PBP hatch but was curious if anyone had any pics or install advice. Also has anyone seen them at a cheaper price anywhere?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Definitely skip the hood scoop one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
For the 2011/12 grills does the mesh size on the grillcrafts match the mesh size of the stock grill if you just wanted to add a lower grill?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I made a custom one out of that aluminum grate they use for stuccoing(sp) a house and plasti-dipped it. The sections are much thinner then the grillecraft. But personally, don't think it reduces air flow by a whopping 30%....I would rather have a little restriction here then a banged up inter-cooler. Looks great too.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I will be ordering the upper and lower grills soon. What should I go with, back or silver? I'm thinking black on the pbp. Anyone have opinions or maybe pics?

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Black, def. Silver looks too 'bling' IMO

I have all three on my '11 hatch.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just looked em up...damn they expensive for 3

-Brian
2012 SWP WRX hatch

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Yeah, it would be nice if they made a package deal where there was a discount for buying them all.

·
I Drink & I Know Things
2,477 Posts
I have the hood scoop grill...checked all my temps before and after, including air flow and had a tuner look everything over...didn't make any difference before/after so that sounds like a myth running rampant in my opinion. I put one on because 'CRAP' kept flying into my engine bay and bugs/litter/other nature kept dirtying up my IC.
(pics on my profile)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts