Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
895 Posts
i think that thread you mentioned answers all your questions.

yes, to remove the badge, you just use a heat gun or a hair dryer on high setting to melt/loosen the glue, then u slowly peel/slide off the emblem and use goo-gone to wipe away the excess. some ppl use floss and slide it under the emblem before pulling it off - that makes it easier.

hope this helps!

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
actually, that won't work penguin. the badge is held on with double sided 3M tape. so a hairdryer or heatgun will get you nowhere, as there is no heat sensitive glue on the back.

just get a screwdriver and pop that sucker out. mine got a small ding in the side from this, so if you think you might want to keep it, use a rubber tipped tool, or just be more careful than my neaderthal techniques.

the post you linked to was referring to the badge on the back of the car like the letters, or the WRX badge. sorry for the confusion, but thanks for searching first.

dR

·
Registered
169 Posts
Also, what is another good way to take off the emblem is to use some kind of a sucktion cup. I used my cusin's toy bow/arrow to pull the emblem out far enough and poped it out the rest of the way with a screwdriver. This keeps you from damaging your grill and emblem.:cool:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Heavy monofilament fishing line and leather gloves works well also.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.