ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd drop a note here and let you know I miss Colorado, but like it here in Germany. Miss the WRX/EVO groups here, but you do get to talk with other "car" folks, regardless of their affiliation with a make/model.

The autobahn is nice but anything over 80 mph and my STi gets crap for mileage. And 147 mph doesn't cut it here...those modded autobahn cruisers slowly pull away!

I think my new passion will be going to the Nuerburgring Nordschleife as much as possible...it is fantastic and only 1.5 hours away. And the videos do not begin to do it justice. I'm only an hour from Frankfurt so if anyone comes out here we're close and have room for you to crash.

Have yet to see another STi, except at the Ring (and those were from other countries) and none with DCCD. Did see one Evo8 at the ring with a cage and suspension.

I did let this guy go by...
Hehe.

TRS

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, I mean the one that got away...the new V10 Carrera GT.

Yea, I talked to the guy with the black 02 STi. He was with a group of Ring runners from Sweden. I got a chance to sit in it and I really wish I had those seats.

TRS

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a blue STi from GB.

I also have a bullet cam now, too bad taking pictures/movies of the track while you're on it is a no-no.... ;)

TRS

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
ToddStratton said:
Believe it or not, that is an Integra (RSX) with a wing!
Just a regular RSX? Or an RSX Type-R?

When I was in Europe a few years ago, the only Integras I saw where Type-Rs, then found out after meeting a Netherlands ITR owner from a Honda-Acura board that Honda only sells Type-Rs there and none of the regular Integras. Guess the regular Integras weren't fast enough for them.

·
Registered
714 Posts
ToddStratton said:
Here's a blue STi from GB.

I also have a bullet cam now, too bad taking pictures/movies of the track while you're on it is a no-no.... ;)

TRS
Those look like R34 GTR wheels on this STi :eek:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nick Cave said:
Great to hear from you Todd.:) Have fun and be careful on the Ring. It's the other guy I would be worried about.:eek:
Yep. Definitely a far cry from anything I've done before. A guy lost it in front of me at Adenauer Forst and barely missed hitting the wall last weekend.

Here's me waiting for the track to re-open.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
ToddStratton said:
Here's me waiting for the track to re-open.
Notice how wagons and hatches rule over there?

I don't understand why sedans are the norm here when you can't get sh!t through a trunk.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts