Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,618 Posts
Ill warn you ahead of time, it will take a lot of money to get that into competition with a 6.2 charger or any supercharged v8. I mean a lot.

Right now the market for modifications is in upheaval. Your options without going crazy are limited to Cobb supported stuff that works only for intakes or seeing if something in the open source world exists for your car.

The crackdown on diesel emissions 4 or 5 years ago has worked it's way to the rest of the market. Penalties for shops are colossal and few will risk the fines for people they are not already closely working with.

·
Super Moderator
12,618 Posts
That's the idea I'm not wanting a daily driver I want to build a toy. My daily is a 01 S10 Xtreme 4.3L V6 extended cab 2WD. Wifey made me get rid of my GT Mustang because it was too fast and dangerous made 850HP and can't fit the kids in the back seats because there wasn't any. I would be happy with a 400 horsepower car.
You'll need to find a shop that can and is willing to tune the car first. Anything relating to emissions device modification is hard pressed unless you have a close relationship with a shop.

You'll be looking into one of iags staged blocks and have to source an STI transmission and all of the required parts to swap it. I don't recall the rear diff ratios off the top of my head but you'll need to make sure the front diff and the rear match, then CVS, hubs, knuckles, brakes etc.

400whp on a Subaru isn't something I'd call safe, not something I would consider putting my children in. I appreciate the gusto, however this may not be the best platform for your goals. Before you invest heavily have a price idea and don't be closed to other options. With the climate around emissions and Cobb putting the cork in it hampered a lot of the ability and desire to handle what you'll need done.

Before you go anywhere further find a reputable Subaru based tuning shop near you and talk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts