Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents ladies I need some help I don't know anything about this car. I'm just now getting into the import scene I just got out of a 2014 Ford Mustang GT. Needed 4 doors wifey said no to Charger or 300S to me my car is slow. Coming from my point of view Im used to do Kenne Bell supercharger American racing long tube headers cams heads intake and tune etc. I know absolutely nothing about Subarus? I need some help? I want to make this car a fun toy that I can still have my two kids in the backseat safely increase the exhaust note sound intake and make more hurspers and turks. Over all handel and brake better maybe dust a few V6 Cars while Im out having fun with it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
12,618 Posts
Ill warn you ahead of time, it will take a lot of money to get that into competition with a 6.2 charger or any supercharged v8. I mean a lot.

Right now the market for modifications is in upheaval. Your options without going crazy are limited to Cobb supported stuff that works only for intakes or seeing if something in the open source world exists for your car.

The crackdown on diesel emissions 4 or 5 years ago has worked it's way to the rest of the market. Penalties for shops are colossal and few will risk the fines for people they are not already closely working with.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru WRX Limited Hatchback 5MT
528 Posts
I suggest you research individual topics on what you want to improve on the car and learn about it. It'll take time. We can't sum it all up and teach you everything in a single thread post...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gents ladies I need some help I don't know anything about this car. I'm just now getting into the import scene I just got out of a 2014 Ford Mustang GT. Needed 4 doors wifey said no to Charger or 300S to me my car is slow. Coming from my point of view Im used to do Kenne Bell supercharger American racing long tube headers cams heads intake and tune etc. I know absolutely nothing about Subarus? I need some help? I want to make this car a fun toy that I can still have my two kids in the backseat safely increase the exhaust note sound intake and make more hurspers and turks. Over all handel and brake better maybe dust a few V6 Cars while Im out having fun with it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. View attachment 332683
my goal guys is basically 450hp

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a solid $20k plus investment. It also will not be a daily driver by any far stretch of the imagination.

It would be a smarter buy to buy the charger or 300
That's the idea I'm not wanting a daily driver I want to build a toy. My daily is a 01 S10 Xtreme 4.3L V6 extended cab 2WD. Wifey made me get rid of my GT Mustang because it was too fast and dangerous made 850HP and can't fit the kids in the back seats because there wasn't any. I would be happy with a 400 horsepower car.

·
Super Moderator
12,618 Posts
That's the idea I'm not wanting a daily driver I want to build a toy. My daily is a 01 S10 Xtreme 4.3L V6 extended cab 2WD. Wifey made me get rid of my GT Mustang because it was too fast and dangerous made 850HP and can't fit the kids in the back seats because there wasn't any. I would be happy with a 400 horsepower car.
You'll need to find a shop that can and is willing to tune the car first. Anything relating to emissions device modification is hard pressed unless you have a close relationship with a shop.

You'll be looking into one of iags staged blocks and have to source an STI transmission and all of the required parts to swap it. I don't recall the rear diff ratios off the top of my head but you'll need to make sure the front diff and the rear match, then CVS, hubs, knuckles, brakes etc.

400whp on a Subaru isn't something I'd call safe, not something I would consider putting my children in. I appreciate the gusto, however this may not be the best platform for your goals. Before you invest heavily have a price idea and don't be closed to other options. With the climate around emissions and Cobb putting the cork in it hampered a lot of the ability and desire to handle what you'll need done.

Before you go anywhere further find a reputable Subaru based tuning shop near you and talk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts