ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed a green on my set up havent tuned yet , i just put the 840 cc inj. and reprogramed so the car start up and run w a basic set up nothing custom made this was done by my tuner , so far i have not even touched the ebc its by passed and i have a slight knocking arround 4250rpm at pump gas the car feels stronger and faster than a stage 4 w racing fuel and vf 34 wich was the set up i had , cant wait to finish the tuning so far feels very fast on the top end, but yes there is a lot of turbo lag i will see if i can get rid of this wiht the setting of the ebc but when the boost kicks feels like a 100 shot of NOS on a naturally aspired eng. ill keep you guys informed w the latest news on this

also will like to know if anybody has a wrx 2.0l turbo w a green what are their comments and performance if available like 1/4 mile times and trap speeds

thanx

·
Registered
317 Posts
i hope ur upgrading ur block/internals with that green, cause if ur pushing 400-450+ whp on the ej205, ur pushing your luck, if ur running the ej207 block, u might be ok

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
crower connecting rods , je pistons ,arp fasteners , rallispec sti ra gears , will i be ok w this ? you think 400hp to 450 hp will be possible w a ej20 usdm w no head work??? are those hp at the wheel right? because at the flywheel i was close or right there w my old set up and stock internals!!!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
koki said:
crower connecting rods , je pistons ,arp fasteners , rallispec sti ra gears , will i be ok w this ?
Let us know how the gears hold up, the word is they are only good for around 340 whp (or some people have said fly wheel which I doubt) so if you make it down the drag strip with a green on those gears a few times thats good news as that seems to be the cheaper gear solution.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i have the same worry , but i dont drag strip , when i go to the track im only looking for good trap speed , because i love top end ,safely of course !!! here in pr there is a guy who puts 404 hp to the floor on the rallispec ra gear set , no problems so far more than a year w it and he drives it like if he stole it and he has a storng clutch dont know wich , i have an exedy organic clutch a little bit more stronger than the factory one i rather loose a clutch than to toast the gears !!!

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Are you running off your tuned vf34 map? If so....how did you correct the tuning of the larger injectors? Any idea what your peak IDCs are under boost with the larger injectors?

Also...what boost numbers are you running at peak boost? Peak timing numbers under full boost?

Sorry for the barage of questions, but I want to run this same setup and I'm very eager to learn as much as possible.

~Tim

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no problem , first my tuner changed something out of the utec so i can run the injectors w the car , my injectors are the stockers modified and measure and blueprinted by rc injectors ,i think he changed to the last version of the utec to raise the rpm limit to 7500 rpm meaning that i will shift arround 7250rpm , the duty cycle on the injectors i dont know so as the timming the boost is close to 26psi on pump gas , i need to mention i have external waste gate w a spring of 21 psi, i let you know more specifics tomorrow because hopefully im goin to finish my map on pump gas , another on pump gas and aquamist , and last but not least one w racing fuel c116 hope everything turns find and i can come up w great #'s let you guys know

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here it goes today was dyno day for my new set up tune it up to 352 whp on pump gas w the boost steady at 24 psi we where conservative due to the nature of the tranny gears dont know if they will hold ??? thats close to 30 hp more than w the vf 34 w racing fuel , did i mentio those # where on 93 oct pump gas:eek:

then we proceded to do pump gas and aquamist and we didnt get impressive # some how it didnt work as good as w the set up on the vf34 i guess is due to the fact that the vf 34 when ran at high boost 23 to 24 psi all it blows is hot air and the aquamist helped there , but w the green at 24 psi the turbo is just crusing and blowing a nice not hot # of cfm's

after that we proceede to pour some racing fuel to it keep in mind i left the psi set at 24 psi because i dont want to ruin my gears my tuner came w some impressive tuning managing to get a whooping 385 whp at that point we decided to leave it like that test it to see if it holds , the 400whp mark is a 100% possible but we are the first arround here running that set up and want to test how it holds at those power levels we are going for the 400whp for sure but lets see how it holds , next week ill try to go to the track and bring some # 's , also ill post the dyno charts and the pics you guys asked for

i am a 100% satisfied w my turbo and w my tuner he always deliver his name is Gadiel Gonzales aleas "el guru" from PR check his best creation at scoobymile the 2nd fastest car next to easystreet is his creation and is an sti the fastest sti usdm in the world yes in the world:D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
dyno jet ,god where is a good place that perform a good head work ??? or do i need to get an sti head set up ??? thats goin to be my next mod ??? also do you think the gear set will hold to that power " sti ra" , also what trap speed you think willit do on 352 whp and on 385 whp im looking for 120 mph or higher my tuner has an sti here in PR w stock block and heads and he is putting 504whp on it its the fastest usdm sti arround he makes 11.2 sec at 128mph i now wonder whats going to happend they are tearing the engine now for internals and forged bottom end:eek:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dan,
Which STi's are you refering to that make so much more whp on pump gas than the WRX's due to bigger ports?? I guess you are talking about the JDM STi's because the USDM's have better cams but not better head castings than the wrx's. Hopefully I will make around 350 or so whp with my setup when I get my deadbolt green in a few weeks!! Oh, I talked to Jerry and I am just going to send it straight to him. I am very excited, haha. Thanks for your help Dan!!

Richard

1 - 14 of 14 Posts