ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just sold my HKS cause my family was complaining that it was too loud. and i'm planning on going catless sooner or later so it will only get louder. found a greddy used for $300 or a STI exhaust for about $150. if i were to get the STI i would spring for the extra and get a up and downpipe at the same time as well.
so which one should i get

:confused:

thanks in advance

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would basically only do catback and get a new downpipe and midpipe for the rest. so it'll go from 3" - 2.25 i guess. or maybe i'll just have a shop weld on 3" piping all the way to the downpipe.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh btw i didn't mean the sti up and downpipe it would most likely be the helix up and down pipe combo.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got a deal on an sti for $150 for the catback. while a greddy will run me at least $400 for a used one. so i might be going with the sti until i do bigger mods such as a turbo or something. but does anyone have a sti catback with a 3" downpipe/uppipe? how does it sound/perform. thanks

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
the sti muffler is not worth the money. flow, matters to me so I would go with a complete 3" setup. that's me, though.

I have the greddy evo also and it's very quiet. it does start to get a little noisy in boost, but that's to be expected.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anyone know anything about the bosal dual tip exhausts? the group buy is crazy cheap. would the bosal be louder than the HKS hiper?

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I know money is money, and if you want to look for a good deal, no would one fault you. however, you are making this difficult on yourself when the only real difference is sound note.

if you want quiet, go with the greddy evo. if you want something louder, go with the rfl or the blitz-r. there are some in between, but all mufflers do the job quite well.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I run stock DP with sti muffler now. It's silent and looks ok if you want a clean semi OEM look, add a catless DP you'll have more noise, but still pretty silent I think..

Anyway aftermarked dp and sti muffler is a greate setup if you don't want much sound, but still some performance..

Personally I want something more agressive both looks and sound so I just ordered evo2 with helix dp. Don't know how it sounds, but I think it will be ok.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i just want some input on the bosal though because it's pretty cheap in the group buy but i just wanted to make sure that it's not as loud as the HKS because that's the one i just rid of. (don't ask why):mad:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
the bosal twin tip will be loud. i just took mine off for the Evo2.
when i took the Bosal off, i measured 108db at 24" from the tailpipe. this was with a Bosal DP (which is for sale)

i haven't measured the Evo2 yet, but think it's about 95db

i tried to save $ and went with the Bosal, because people on the GB post said it wasn't too loud and didn't drone/resonate. i initially wanted to get the Evo, but didn't want to spend the $$, but the Evo2 is what i ended with.

also my turbo seems to spool better with the Evo2 over the Bosal. the Evo2 is 3.1" while the bosal is 2.9"

btw, i have a wagon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts