ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone used these two together?

if so, how's the fitment and sound? i know the greddy is supposed to be nice and quiet, but what about the helix dp?

i'm thinking about using these on an 02 wrx wagon. any suggestions are welcome.

thanks!

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
elijahwrx said:
has anyone used these two together?

if so, how's the fitment and sound? i know the greddy is supposed to be nice and quiet, but what about the helix dp?

i'm thinking about using these on an 02 wrx wagon. any suggestions are welcome.

thanks!
helix makes a quality product... naturally, the greddy will be louder due to the DP, but its going to be like that with any DP.
the setup sounds fine to me

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess i'm mostly concerned about highway drone, as i do roughly an hour and a half of highway driving a day. having a super loud exhaust would kill me :)

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
elijahwrx said:
i guess i'm mostly concerned about highway drone, as i do roughly an hour and a half of highway driving a day. having a super loud exhaust would kill me :)
like i said... if you dont want noise, and drone... dont focus on the downpipe.... the catback is what is going to make most of that. DP will add noise, but the choice in your catback is much more crucial.

If you want really quiet go with stock exhaust but aftermarket UP/DP

if you want something like stock but looks a little different go with STI catback, Prodrive, etc...

if you want something that will give some good sound when you "get on it", but wont drone, but still agressive... yet doesnt look stock, go with the greddy evo

if you want something that is rather attention grabbing, rumbly, loud, and screams when you get on the pedal go with apexi GT spec, blitz, hks, etc....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I swapped my Greddy evo to another guy's wrx that's catless. It's slightly louder than with all the cats in place. It won't drone.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i'm not real interested in being the guy who you can hear coming from 6 blocks away.. sounds like the evo is the way to go!

thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
greddy (evo2 or sp2) are both quiet on the highway as are stromung and APS (Those are the ones I've heard in person). They are all fairly quiet with the greddy's being quietest and the stromung and aps both being equally loud but only slightly louder than the greddy's.

And the prodrive doesn't drone and is quiet as well....

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cavadini said:
I have the helix up/dp and greddy evo2 catback combo. It is great. Fitment was perfect, sound is awesome and non-droning. GET IT!
so does the evo2 catback have a high flow cat? it looked like it does, but i can't find anything that talks about whether it's metal substrate or ceramic.. :confused:

from what i've read about emissions testing here in CO (some people are passing with no cats at all???), i'm going to just leave my 3rd cat in place and drop the cat in the downpipe..

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
elijahwrx said:
so does the evo2 catback have a high flow cat? it looked like it does, but i can't find anything that talks about whether it's metal substrate or ceramic.. :confused:

from what i've read about emissions testing here in CO (some people are passing with no cats at all???), i'm going to just leave my 3rd cat in place and drop the cat in the downpipe..

any "catback" exhaust does not have a cat in it. It is all the piping after the cat that makes it a catback exhaust. So if u buy a catback exhaust, regardless of whether it is a Greddy or not, you will still retain all 3 of your stock cats which are located in the midpipe, the downpipe, and the uppipe. Since there is no cat in a catback exhaust, there is no need to worry about metal substrates, ceramic, and whatnot.

As for emissions, I wouldn't take the risk of testing with just 1 cat. I would leave both the stock midpipe and downpipe in at the very least when going for testing. You don't want all the hassles of failing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cavadini said:
The "cat" you think you're seeing is just the resonator, to help quiet and shape the sound. It is catless of course, justl ike said before.
yeah i just realized this looking at another picture.. oops.. i'm learning as i go here ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
greddy

After much debate, I have decided to stick with Greddy. They;ve always been good on other rides i've had. The deciding factor? Noise. I was looking at the APEXi and HKS, but Greddy has my final vote!

As for the UP/DP...i am goind with the HKS. Anyoen have any reasons I should go with another brand?

P.S. - I'm in Co too bro.....

·
Registered
92 Posts
coo

i ordered the Helix UP/DP and the HKS carbon-ti xhaust

this site rox...i love all the reviews from other folks..

Also ordered the WORX BOV because everyone and their surrogate father is raving about it

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: coo

Iron_Armz said:
i ordered the Helix UP/DP and the HKS carbon-ti xhaust

this site rox...i love all the reviews from other folks..

Also ordered the WORX BOV because everyone and their surrogate father is raving about it
yup i ended up ordering the helix up/dp and the evo2.. what's so great about the worx BOV? guess i could just search for the thread :wiggles:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts