Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was coming home from new years partying around 3 am. I was driving slowly back home cuz I knew people might be driving kinda crazy out in the city tonight. Then I see this older model Infinity Q45 tan/ivory color. The guy was going slow then fast all around me and around traffic. It really pissed me off how he drove, guess he wanted my attention and he got it. The street we were on goes straight to the on-ramp to the freeway and at the final stoplight he was stopped in front of me and the driver waved his hand for me to run. I didn't wanna race tonight but I just couldn't resist such a temptation and said what the heck. I was curious whether or not I can run with him from a roll onto the freeway. I think those things have V-8's and something like 260 or 280 hp but they are really big and heavy. I'm thinking on the freeway he'll probably take me but I wanted to try anyways. So I let him make the first move. He guns it onto the onramp and I changed lanes next to him and gunned it too. But he was no match, at around 90mph I passed him and I went up to 115 and turned on the hazzards when I saw his headlights in my mirrors getting further and further away. I knew it was over and so did he. As I slowed he did a luxo-ricer flyby which was warmly greeted by my thumbs down as he flew by. Few mins later I drove past a teg with exhaust and gauges galore. I'm thinking I wonder if this guys gauges are for real and he has some kind of turbo kit or are they all there just for looks. It was too dark to see if he had an intercooler either. I didn't provoke him or anything cuz vtec and turbo = trouble on the freeway, so I just kept cruising at 65 while he snailed along at 55 or so behind me. I got about a quarter mile ahead and saw his blue rice bulbs in the distance and thought well this guy isn't gonna try anything but as I approached the tunnel I saw his lights getting bigger and bigger. Looks like grasshopper wants to prove himself worthy... As he got near my bumper in the next lane he quickly slowed down and I slowed down too just to get a better look at him cuz we were about to enter the tunnel where it's nice and bright. As soon as we did I heard some kind of sound from him like a loud bang, I dont know if it was his exhaust or bov or what but he took off and he got 2 car lengths ahead of me as I shifted. I know you guys are expecting some kind of awesome freeway battle ahead but... well sorry to dissapoint. I guess those gauges are just for looks after all cuz by the time we reached the end of the tunnel I passed him at around 100 and kept going till he turned into a pair of small riceblue specks in the rearview. Most likely it was an LS model or something with no vtec, not the killer GSR with turbo kit I thought it was. Cuz I dont even think I can kill a regular GSR that easily. All in all it was a great way to end a great evening. :cool:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Nice Job.

Hit the return key once in a while in your posts next time, it's a little tough to read.

Most of the time, the gauges are just for looks. Turbo Hondas really aren't that fast because they are high compression motors. I really think nitrous is a WAY better choice for those motors.

I was too busy avoiding drunks (2:30am) with my g/f to race anything on the way home on new years.

-Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts