1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Good lord those things are quick :eek: My favorite part was the commentary :D

·
Registered
435 Posts
dont matter, FWD is still the worst way to go for draggin. And it just gets worse as the power increases

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
0260B4U said:
dont matter, FWD is still the worst way to go for draggin. And it just gets worse as the power increases
cry me a river

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
that wasn't a massive win...the wrx did better than i thought it would

·
Registered
435 Posts
hey say what you will, but FWD just has more wheel hop and getting traction becomes more and more of a problem as you increase in HP. I just got done with my FWD Eclipse. Basic physics: go out in you driveway then try pushing then pulling your car up and down the street. it's always easier to push than to pull, now put the force of one person in half and put in pulling and pushing at the same time. Even easier.

FWD blows trust me. i dont care howmuch power you got. In the end it will lose

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
yes i know this.
and what is your point?
why must this be posted thousands of times over by almost every
wrx owner on this board? feeling inferior?

The new SRT-4's best time was made two weeks ago at NHRA's World Finals where it ran 9.34 for the quickest pass ever by a 2000+ Model Neon (in time trials) and later ran 152mph (in a semi-final round lost) for the fastest trap speed by a 2000+ chassis. This car runs an 3 speed automatic trans like the Howell's car uses, but it built in-house by Phatridz.

how many wrx's are running 9s?

Len Ayala should get a mention as well. The Hahn Racraft Neon has run the best of 9.44 and 147mph with a 2.4L DOHC engine and 3 spd automatic trans. Len's Neon was the first Neon into the 11s and 10s also without the help of wheelie bars. I should also mention that Len's Neon did 10[email protected] while still a street car that was driven on the weeekends. I should also say that Len's car was contructed on a limited budget and has pretty much remained the same since the 2001 season save for some minor updates/upgrades.

The fastest N/A or All Motor Neon belongs to fellow Team Phatridz member Scott "Mo Daddy" Mohler who took the 2002 NDRA Pro Stock championship in only his second years of racing full-time. He finished second in the defunt NIRA All Motor class championship last year and another second in the IDRC All Motor Class last year. He also has a two year winning streak at Rivercity Raceway in San Antonio, TX (IDRC 01 and 02).

We just started in Rally this year (2002), and to date, the Dodge SRT-4 has won two events on the SCCA circuit and is leading the Manufacturing Championship.

SCCA Pro Rally SRT-4 - Group 5 Class

Sno-Drift 3rd
Cherokee Trails 1st
Oregon Trail 2nd
Rim of the World 1st

This 1995 automatic, outfitted mainly by Gary Howell but raced by Randy Williamson, ran a 12.401 second quarter mile at 109 mph. The street legal Neon has its stock sheet metal, with a standard stock 2.0 block fitted with custom JE pistons (and necessary modifications to make them fit and work well). The crank has been lightened, with six pounds of counterweights removed, and an ACR DOHC computer replaced the stock SOHC version to get a higher speed limiter without advancing the timing. The head is stock, but ported by Gary, with oversized valves and a Crane 158-0012 cam (using an adjustable cam gear). Howell's own 55 mm throttle body lets more air in, though the stock plastic intake is retained because of its smoothness (the Neon was the first car to use plastic intakes, and they really do work well).
i know i know
"But it's just a neon"
"But chicks don't dig neons"
"But let me race it in the snow"
"But it's going to explode really soon"
"But I wasn't shifting right/I wasn't really racing"
"But I'm only running on 1.5 cylinders"
"But what if I mod my cars..gimme mods for the same money and watch me then"
"But ... but ... but...was that a ****ing neon????"

Can't we just act like adults and not children? Wouldn't that be nice?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Jesus Christ on a sesame seed bun. Take a damn valium already, would you? I don't know why you make it a personal crusade to roam these boards and stamp out every minor criticism of Neons. It's old already; find a new routine. The guy wasn't even talking about Neons. He wasn't making any comparisons. He wasn't making any excuses. He was talking about FWD not exactly being an ideal dragracing setup. Notwithstanding your exhaustive post, he's not exactly wrong. And the next thing we know, you erupt into a Romper Room tirade and then tell us to stop acting like children; something of a pattern from you. Give it a rest already, would you?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
if you're replying to me, i still have you blocked.
thanks

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
This blathering is exactly the reason why I can't stand to read most of the threads in this place any longer.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
is2scooby said:
This blathering is exactly the reason why I can't stand to read most of the threads in this place any longer.

You got that right.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
you know, you all remind me of the honda ricers
i'm off to do something productive
the rest of you can argue over who has a bigger dick.

·
Registered
196 Posts
cyrilgrey said:
you know, you all remind me of the honda ricers
i'm off to do something productive
the rest of you can argue over who has a bigger dick.
LOL ...and you call that giant post you made above "productive"? Whatever, bro... :)

PS - We'll be sure to let you know who has the biggest dick...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
lol thats a damn good picture :D I'm not gonna argue this **** but in boulder i would much rather have my awd than fwd or rear wheel drive...i see 2 wheel drive cars and SUV's just sit on the side of the road while others pass them by in the snow...its cool tho, ya can sit there for a couple hours to wait it out

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.