ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it is now my turn to pay. Gotta do brakes; front rotors and pads...again, rear pads, brake fluid flush, rear lines. Also doin tranny fluid change, and oil change this weekend. $500 of fun! :rolleyes:

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Weee!

I just ordered some new coilovers, and have a clutch kit, flywheel, and timing belt kit coming soon as well. Oh the joys of spending money, eh?

The wife isn't too happy about it, but meh, that's how car ownership goes, it could be worse though. I could be like Bo. ;)

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
T0rque said:
I like that stuff.. Its fun for me.
It's real fun when you shear a bolt and have a driveway ornament for a month...

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
It's real fun when you shear a bolt and have a driveway ornament for a month...
I've had a garage ornament for a long time. Stupid RS.

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only semi unexpected thing is the brakes. This damn 06 WRX eats brake pads in the front. Since new, the inners wear out a lot faster than the outers. I currently have 3/8" on the outer pads and 3/16"-1/8" (they taper) on the inners. On top of it this will be the 4th set in 78,000 miles. I've never had a car soo brake pad hungry, and I'm nicer to this one then my old cars.

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have decided to skip the tranny fluid this time and save $100. Gonna run the Extra-S to 30k

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
I have decided to skip the tranny fluid this time and save $100. Gonna run the Extra-S to 30k
It's $100 for transmission fluid?! It runs me ~$40/swap...

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah the Extra-S is $89+tax swapped out at the local subi shop, but I do'nt have time to go there, or Amsoil is $15 a qt, or Motul 75w90 is $19 a liter. 5 qts including rear diff = ~ $100

1 - 11 of 11 Posts