ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day i came across the huge open flatland of dirt, or so i thought. so i decided to go check out it and have some fun...and i ended up going through some wet spots and getting in a little deeper than i thought.

anyhoo, on to my question...is there anything i should check for after being covered in straight mud? my wheels, springs, even downpipe were schlashed with this crap. here's a few pics

·
Registered
411 Posts
I bet that sounded crazy when you got on the highway.

leavin little droppings the whole way.

oh, and check the brakes for gravel

luke

·
Registered
179 Posts
make sure you clean the insides of you wheels , I did that on mine and let the mud dry and my car was shaking all the way home. I thought i had bent something turned out to be mud causing the wheels to get unbalanced .

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, mine was shaking pretty bad too. the steering wheel was vibrating so bad my watch was clinging and jingling around on my wrist. gracius por ayudame

·
Registered
476 Posts
I used to live on an 8 mile dirt road and had to take my wheels off about every month in the fall/winter/spring (8,000 feet elevation) to clean them. The other issue I had with my legacy wagon was the frame to body isolation mounts would get filled with mud and need to be cleaned out every so often or there would be a lot of vibration transferred to the cabin. It's amazing how some mud can throw things out of whack.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
turbo_bxr said:
how'd you get out?
power of teh awd :D . i'm going to go to the car wash and spray the hell out of it, and then probably take off my wheels and scrub em down

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Bahaha, it's gotta be a white WRX thing, because I did the same thing (search for "doofus girl." It's a huge thread, you can't miss it). I didn't have any problems after my little incident, but the next time you change your oil, or work underneath your car, wear safety glasses because pieces of dried mud will be everywhere, and it hurts when you get that stuff in your eyes.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Zoombaru said:
but the next time you change your oil, or work underneath your car, wear safety glasses because pieces of dried mud will be everywhere, and it hurts when you get that stuff in your eyes.

hahaha. figures that i'm installing my exhaust wednesday.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I would just check to make sure everything is mudfree. Take off the rims and wash in there. Otherwise you should be fine.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Yup, a power washer should take care of that. Spray the ish out of it.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
04subarooooWRX said:
make sure you clean the insides of you wheels , I did that on mine and let the mud dry and my car was shaking all the way home. I thought i had bent something turned out to be mud causing the wheels to get unbalanced .

Same thing happened to me

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I went mudding a couple of weeks ago in a construction project. still finding mud in strange places.....

·
Registered
91 Posts
u guys wanna hear something funny, i pulled my roomate's silverado out of the mud with my wrx, it was a lot of fun. I have pics but they're on his computer and he went home for the weekend and will be back tomorrow (tuesday) lucky guy has no classes monday or friday he's just taking 16 uc-units on tuesday thurs and fri. must be nice to have such a long weekend :sadwave:

·
Registered
33 Posts
WRC_Obsessed said:
Yup, a power washer should take care of that. Spray the ish out of it.
Yep, don't try to do it with your regular garden hose. 2" of mud needs a good pressure wash. Spray the whole whee/rim/brake area out nice and good. Sometimes you'll get squealing brakes if you don't.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just a good ole pressure washer will get the mud off. Both of my WRX's have been in the same position as you (didnt get stuck). I am pretty good at cleaning mud off of vehicles. I love the sound of popcorn when you get back on the road.

Nick

1 - 20 of 22 Posts