ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got some rims for my all seasons :) . Didn't want to settle for a rim everyone else has so I made my own, kinda ;) . I went ahead and polished the lip on a brand new set of Rota Tarmac II's in gunmetallic. I've always liked darker rims but I think they look best with some sort of polished lip to separate the rim from the tire. I'll post some more pics when they're on the car. Whatta ya think?

Before:

After:


Both:

 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,806 Posts
Polished, as in you sanded off all the paint on the lip? Isn't that what the Full Royal Gunmetallic has different about it?
Whatever you did, they look great! :wiggles:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
566 Posts
Crap I was going for th unique look as well on the rims and I ordered some Titanium Chrome 17" Tarmac 2 The look kinda similar to what you did mine are going to be here thursday or friday. Hopefully they look different. :(




Those look sweet though it will look sweet on your car! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
svc said:
Polished, as in you sanded off all the paint on the lip? Isn't that what the Full Royal Gunmetallic has different about it?
Whatever you did, they look great! :wiggles:
Here's the full Royal:


As you can see, not the same:) . Mine are unique:p .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
subbysti said:
Crap I was going for th unique look as well on the rims and I ordered some Titanium Chrome 17" Tarmac 2 The look kinda similar to what you did mine are going to be here thursday or friday. Hopefully they look different. :(




Those look sweet though it will look sweet on your car! :D
Titanium chrome:


Still not the same:) . Thanks! The titaniums are very nice too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
880 Posts
Scuba_Steve said:
Here's the full Royal:


As you can see, not the same:) . Mine are unique:p .
That's what I just bought...:D I love them sooooooooooooooo much...;) :D

-Jon-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PICS!!!

Thanks for the compliments guys:) . The weathers crappy so I just took a few pics after I mounted them in my garage. I'm running Continental Extreme Contacts, 235/45/17. Rim and tire came in at 42.5lbs and the stockers were 41.5lbs. I like em' :) .




 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top