ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ahhhh. sucks!! some old guy in a toyota highlander rearended me. he said that he was tired and his foot slipped. ahhh. he hit the rear left side of my trunk and he shattered my light and messed up my bumper. i was thinking. should i get a cf trunk instead of getting another stock trunk?? ill post pictures of my car once i find a good place to host the pictures.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
WRX13oy said:
ill post pictures of my car once i find a good place to host the pictures.
host them here. click on the manage attachments at the bottom of the reply to thread page.

sucks about your car though. if you want the cf trunk for weight reasons, i hear you lose almost no weight. i have also heard some don't line up to well. BUT, i don't have one, so take it for face value.

if your going for looks, they look nice, but need cf somewhere else to balance it...such as a hood.

good luck :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Same thing happened to me but less damage... I have an 05'. I was wondering how to take off the bumper cover?!? Anyone know!?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Your neck is hurt! Your back is hurt!! Your neck and your back are hurt!! Get an STi!!! :D

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brents said:
Your neck is hurt! Your back is hurt!! Your neck and your back are hurt!! Get an STi!!! :D
hahahahaha!!!! :rotfl: thats what im saying

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ughhh. i hate driving around when my car looks like this......

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Yes, but you will get shiny new pieces!! Maybe enough left over from insurnace to pay for some fun performance pieces!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Argh, that sucks. I hope you HKS exhaust is alright. Carbon fiber is good and go for some 04 tail lights if you like them.

·
Registered
491 Posts
NopWRX said:
Argh, that sucks. I hope you HKS exhaust is alright. Carbon fiber is good and go for some 04 tail lights if you like them.

Someone hit me from the rear, and my carbon-Ti was messed up. :thumbdown Had 2 creasees in the tip. Hated to look at it when it was like that.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my muffler came through without a scratch. but i just talked to my insurance adjuster and he said that is ok i replace the trunk with a cf trunk. for the total repairs he said it would come out to be $2956 :eek3: but im not paying for it. the guy who hit me is :tongue:

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bluerex47 said:
host them here. click on the manage attachments at the bottom of the reply to thread page.

sucks about your car though. if you want the cf trunk for weight reasons, i hear you lose almost no weight. i have also heard some don't line up to well. BUT, i don't have one, so take it for face value.

if your going for looks, they look nice, but need cf somewhere else to balance it...such as a hood.

good luck :)
yep. i have some cf pieces already. cf side marker cf b-pillar and the wannabe cf interior pieces.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Oh man that stinks...I vote for CF hood AND trunk :thumbup: Also, I like those B pillar CF inserts...where did you pick those up?

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Trailboss said:
Oh man that stinks...I vote for CF hood AND trunk :thumbup: Also, I like those B pillar CF inserts...where did you pick those up?
i got them on ebay (ebay is my friend :tongue: ). really good quality too. the only problem is that i didnt clean the pillar too well when i stuck them on, now the edges came loose a little. oh one more thing. it came with some 3M adhesive promoter which is cool. hmm. maybe i didnt put enough of it on the pillar.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i got my cf trunk. should i leave it wingless or should i put back on my wing. or is there any other type of wing that i should put?

·
Registered
181 Posts
ouch. when i saw the pics, i had to bite my finger a bit. that sucks man. big time. byw is that your garage?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts