Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Back in November 2021 my wife surprised me with a new 2021 WRX Limited with 6 speed manual in my favorite color WRB. I’ve been a long time reader of the forum so figured I would sign up. So far just added tint and black emblems. It came with rubber mats, cargo net, cargo tray, and a few other accessories. It also came with the carbon fiber trunk trim piece that says STI. Wish it said SPT instead but since the wifey surprised me with it I dare not take it off. :)

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2021 wrx limited
93 Posts
I always see those car commercials around Christmas time when the husband surprises the wife with a ferrari with a bow on it. Never thought it really happened in real life. Just when I thought I knew everything. 22s look ugly in my opinion so good buy. 😁

·
Registered
66 Posts
I hope she didn't over-pay too much. Around here, the last of the 2021s quickly got slapped with a huge markup over sticker price. Not so much because of the shortage, but because people who didn't like the 22s were coming from all over to get the 21s before they were gone. WRXs and STIs both.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I go back and forth about modding or keeping it stock. Personally, I’m happy with the stock tune and even the way the manual feels. Based on what I had read, I thought a tune and shifter upgrade would be a “must” but I’m happy with the 2021. Did Subaru make any tweaks for the final year model?

·
Registered
2021 WRX Limited 6MT
7 Posts
I don't think the engine tune or components are any different from the 2018-2020 model years? I know I am in the minority, but I am also happy with the stock tune and love how it shifts. I drove four different Saabs (900s and 9000s) in the 90s-mid-aughts as well as older VWs, so maybe that is why. It feels so smooth to me, yet love that I can get up to speed really quick from a stop when necessary.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts