ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am at a crossroads right now and i need some help ASAP. i got offered 17,800 for my 02 WRX. with the deal i would give all my aftermarket parts, plus all stock parts, but minus the aftermarket rims/tires (stock ones going on if this happens)
now, i need some help with this situation. i am not sure what i wanna do... if i want to keep my car or sell it. ive had the car since oct of 01 and i am the only owner. here are some of my questions... should i ask for more money? the blue book on it is like 18,700. it only has 17k miles and its in perfect shape.
also, i just read a thread about how someone sold their WRX and went to a 350z then to another car and then to an rx8.... now he wants to get another WRX or STi. he said that no other car has felt the same. im afraid to become that guy.
if i do sell my baby, what should i get? i am thinking MKIV Supra ('93.5-'98), 350Z or STi. i am not sure what to do. :sadwave: any response is appreciated

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
I dont really get the point of this thread. Unless you have a reason to get rid of your car (tired of it, insurance, want a sti) then why get rid of it? Sure that's a decent amount of money, but if you got rid it of last year you probaly would have gotten more. It's obvious as the car gets older it wont be worth any more then what they are offering you (Value hardly ever goes up on cars as we all know).

So basicaly I'm lost....if you are ready/want to sell....then sure sell and that's not a bad price if you ask me. But if you have no reason to sell....i wouldnt sell just cause that price is high...cause it would have been higher 2 years ago.

Oh and if you liked the wrx....and you could afford the sti.....there is no reason not to go with it....it would leave many cars in the dust for the price and to be honest (next to evo) there isnt much in the "sport compact" world that comes close.....What's the rx8 and Z trapping?? Low 14's at best (Z track model)....what did the RX8 and Z trap in the rain?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Take the money and run, that's usually what '04's sell for so you shud be happy with that offer. Get an Sti if you can afford it or something american if you wanna get into dragracing, the wrx is not that car, nor was it built for that. I'm all of a sudden looking at an RX8 (leftover 04's) b/c they can be had for same money as WRX.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you could afford the STi I'd go with that. An MKIV supra is going to cost you close to a new STi pricewise and they'll have mileage on them. So if you're going to get rid of your car for anything then I'd go STi. Your WRX also has only 17k miles on it and if you're going to spend another 10 or so to get a stock STi (which is fast and all stock) you could probably take the money you would spend on the STi and build your WRX now. That's just my opinon though.

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
dark_rex said:
judgeing by the relatively low level of mods in your sig, i'd say do it and don't waste any more time.

dR
Not to high jack but can you please explain what you mean? How is keeping the stocker or near stocker wasting time? thanks

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
i say u keep that beatiful wrx and instead of buying an sti, take that like 15 grand that u would spend on an sti andput it into the wrx. 15 grand into your wrx would make the sti look like a dwarf next it.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, ive done alot of searching for a Supra and there isnt one that appeals to me... they all have like 80k miles and say stuff like "slightly modded or never raced or beat on..." whatever. i looked at the EVOs and i wasnt impressed with the interior... shatty in my opinion. and the Z looks awsome, but doesnt feel as strong as the STi. so ive narrowed it done to either keep my WRX or get the STi. but i have a quick question about the STi... did the wheel offset change on them or something? would my rotas fit onto it? i thought i heard something about how the wheels are different for the STi in '05?

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
pdrpowerofWRX said:
yeah, ive done alot of searching for a Supra and there isnt one that appeals to me... they all have like 80k miles and say stuff like "slightly modded or never raced or beat on..." whatever. i looked at the EVOs and i wasnt impressed with the interior... shatty in my opinion. and the Z looks awsome, but doesnt feel as strong as the STi. so ive narrowed it done to either keep my WRX or get the STi. but i have a quick question about the STi... did the wheel offset change on them or something? would my rotas fit onto it? i thought i heard something about how the wheels are different for the STi in '05?
The rota's from your 02' rex will not fit the STi. the offset is different on the 05' STi.

Dont get rid of your car JUST because you are getting a good deal on selling it. Then you would just be picking up another $15k+ to finance. If you really want to get something new though, then go for it, you got offered a great deal.
If the Evo interior does not impress you have you considered an R32? Its not as fast as the STi, but with exhaust and reflash it will be running right next to it, and has a much nicer interior.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
02wrx87 said:
i say u keep that beatiful wrx and instead of buying an sti, take that like 15 grand that u would spend on an sti andput it into the wrx. 15 grand into your wrx would make the sti look like a dwarf next it.

sti has more potential...
not only that.. better tranny..
and.. i am not too sure if the person wants a full prepped fast race type car or just a fast daily driver....

his choice.. lots of factors involved here..
in bottom line, $15k into any (almost any) car will make it go fast..
as much as i love my wrx.. its not even close to where a modded sti would b

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
dark_rex said:
judgeing by the relatively low level of mods in your sig, i'd say do it and don't waste any more time.

dR
Agreed!!! Take the $$$ & run towards an STi

J.D.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if the deal goes through with the guy who offered the money, then i am going with either a '05 CGM STi or a '05 MBP STi... i would have my choice of silver or gold rims. the black with gold looks great, but the black is harder than heck to keep clean... the silver looks amazing too. wonder what a Crystal Grey Metallic STi with gold rims looks like?

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
pdrpowerofWRX said:
if the deal goes through with the guy who offered the money, then i am going with either a '05 CGM STi or a '05 MBP STi... i would have my choice of silver or gold rims. the black with gold looks great, but the black is harder than heck to keep clean... the silver looks amazing too. wonder what a Crystal Grey Metallic STi with gold rims looks like?
Get silver. I have owned 2 black cars, one red car, and now a silver car. Silver is so much easier to deal with and looks very good. Black has that agressive look and everything, but the upkeep is not worth it with chips, paint swirls, etc... particularly considering subaru's cheap paint.

Go with CGM in my opinion

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
414 Posts
DTR rex said:
If the Evo interior does not impress you have you considered an R32? Its not as fast as the STi, but with exhaust and reflash it will be running right next to it, and has a much nicer interior.
I find this very hard to believe. My friend worked at a audi/vw dealership so, he got to take one home for a test weekend. Though it looks great, it was really not "quick" everything felt sluggish in comparison to my wrx (had catless dp and intake and bov thanks to the previous owner). After driving it, I wouldn't ever consider buying one, unless it was actually the same price as a wrx, its nowhere near sti territory. i was rather unimpressed for a car with good numbers.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
BigClunke said:
I find this very hard to believe. My friend worked at a audi/vw dealership so, he got to take one home for a test weekend. Though it looks great, it was really not "quick" everything felt sluggish in comparison to my wrx (had catless dp and intake and bov thanks to the previous owner). After driving it, I wouldn't ever consider buying one, unless it was actually the same price as a wrx, its nowhere near sti territory. i was rather unimpressed for a car with good numbers.
The thing you lack to comprehend is that it's a very linear 6 cylinder with a great power curve. Torque comes on instantly and hangs til redline. A car of that nature will feel slower than one like the wrx which has a hard surge of power once that turbo is fully spooled.
The R32 is faster than a wrx, no contest. It would take a TBE for a wrx to pull one from a 1/4mile race and even then it would have trouble putting much distance at all on it. Not to mention the R32 would still destroy it from a roll.
As far as it being STi territory I said with exhaust and reflash it is capable of this. Many people have pulled off 13.3/13.4 with that setup, which IS in stock STi territory. and it will pass an STi from a roll with those mods at higher speeds and hang right next to it at lower speeds.

price not considered, to say you are unimpressed with an R32's performance's when you are impressed with your own catless wrx's performance is kinda dumb.
Speed perception and actual numbers are 2 completely different things. you will learn that someday :)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i thought that the R32s were being discontinued? anywho, i am set on the STi :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts