ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank god for staples...i returned the hp today, and unfortunately i got the same model again. I got a Energizer UPS Power Supply, just in case this is some sort of power issue...so i isolated my computer from it. I am also using a different outlet. Hopefully this will workout well. I may buy a new computer power supply for it..i know a few of you said hps have $hitty power supplys. Would you guys reccomend this or no? Also i was wondering if there is a way to get the pc fans to run pretty fast to keep my system really really cool?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
aaronwillen said:
Thank god for staples...i returned the hp today, and unfortunately i got the same model again. I got a Energizer UPS Power Supply, just in case this is some sort of power issue...so i isolated my computer from it. I am also using a different outlet. Hopefully this will workout well. I may buy a new computer power supply for it..i know a few of you said hps have $hitty power supplys. Would you guys reccomend this or no? Also i was wondering if there is a way to get the pc fans to run pretty fast to keep my system really really cool?
The main thing you have to worry about is your CPU - if you are not into computers enough to build your own rig I wouldn't mess around with the heatsink over the CPU, but you could get bigger/faster case fans probably. If your case already has fans chances are they're running at top speed already. Look for Vantec Tornado fans if you want to deaf but stay :cool: lol...

-snowcat

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the cpu fan isnt running as fast as it could..maybe the case fan is but the cpu fan could be way faster...cause last nite when it was running on full it was WAYYYY faster!

·
Registered
882 Posts
You could try it, but usually HPs and Dells use non-standard power supplies, which means you can`t just pop another one in. Examine it carefully, including all the connectors coming out of it, and if it is a standard PS, then it might be something to try, especially if you are running a decent video card.

Good power supplies are relatively cheap and easy to find. I like Enermax, Thermaltake, Sparkle, Zalman.

·
Registered
882 Posts
aaronwillen said:
the cpu fan isnt running as fast as it could..maybe the case fan is but the cpu fan could be way faster...cause last nite when it was running on full it was WAYYYY faster!
The CPU fan will vary it`s speed based on how hot is is or how much load it is under. If you`re running the stock P4 fan, that is probably fine. If you have AMD, you might look into getting a new HSF if you start to run too hot. I wouldn`t worry about it for normal use though, especially if you have A/C or live in a cool climate.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
aaronwillen said:
From this, it sounds like the fan speed is "adjustable." Does it mention this in your documentation? There might be a way to control it so it runs fast all the time, either through software that talks to the motherboard or else you might have to open your system and turn a knob (rheostat) that is connected to the fan's power cord.

-snowcat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts