ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I look at the front of my car where i put the license plates and im like omg? wtf!? theres no holes for the screws to go in! Im guessing that i screw the plates into the little dimples in the bumper?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
nope, you'll either have to make new holes in the plate to match up with the OEM holes in the bumper, or make new holes in the bumper to match the plate. my car came with the second option, since the dealer made new holes for me.:mad:

·
Registered
236 Posts
RexMobbin' said:
nope, you'll either have to make new holes in the plate to match up with the OEM holes in the bumper, or make new holes in the bumper to match the plate. my car came with the second option, since the dealer made new holes for me.:mad:
yeah, same here....two beautiful black holes in my front silver bumper

·
Registered
500 Posts
I had to screw mine into the little dimples next to the oem holes....didnt want to do it, but had no choice...eh, oh well.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I dont run a front plate and dont have any problems, i did drill some holes in the plate to match the holes that are already there and used some long drywall screws to secure the plate to the bumper foam. it goes on during long trips to avoid any hassles like my drive to chicago.

no extra bumper holes no problems

luke

·
Registered
150 Posts
We used to have a 96 Eclipse GSX and we never put the front plate on it. One time my girlfriend got stopped by the cops and she just said it fell off and she'd put it back on right away. She was also, "going the speed of light," according to the officer. She got out of that too though. Oh to be hot and drive a hot car!

I wouldn't put it on unless you plan on being pulled over a lot.

Luckily my STi is registered in PA so we do not have front plates. :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
I bought my STi out of state. It was a state that had front plates (MI dosnt). So it came with the dealer installed extra 2 holes. I found this solution. Since then it was hit in a parking lot.:mad: So it was replaced with an STi one.

Nick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts