ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is getting old hahaha. Just curious... I like mine naked. No plate frame etc... My question is, do you put anything between the plate and the car to protect from friction/scratches?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Car is getting old hahaha. Just curious... I like mine naked. No plate frame etc... My question is, do you put anything between the plate and the car to protect from friction/scratches?
Does it matter? You have a plate on it...you can't see through it ;)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jay...

Mikie... You right, it really doesn't matter bc the plates are over it. I was more curious if others were doing anything different or leaving it as is.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
I went to advance and got one of the plate silencer kits...Buy Cruiser Accessories Ultmte Lckng Stnlss 81500 at Advance Auto Parts....this replaced the plastic inserts that go in the rear hatch. Then there are rubber washers that go between the plate and the car. and the whole thing is head on with stainless steel star-pin screws (the kind that use a special 6 point star key with a post in the middle).

This corrected three issues for me for about $10

Hardware is now stainless and will not rust
The star-pin screws deter stealing my plate as it requires a special allen key
The plate will not rattle no matter how much bass I have, or how hard I hit a bump (I hate rattling plates)

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Thanks Jay...

Mikie... You right, it really doesn't matter bc the plates are over it. I was more curious if others were doing anything different or leaving it as is.
Yeah I gotcha. I have some pretty heavy bass hitting in my trunk with 2 JL 10s...and I don't really notice any kind of trunk rattle or anything from the license plate. My first Acura Integra though was a rattle machine. I ended up cutting some kind of thin foam and sticking it between the plate and deck lid.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Yeah I gotcha. I have some pretty heavy bass hitting in my trunk with 2 JL 10s...and I don't really notice any kind of trunk rattle or anything from the license plate. My first Acura Integra though was a rattle machine. I ended up cutting some kind of thin foam and sticking it between the plate and deck lid.
yea my civic rattled like crazy. so i put a piece of cardboard in a freezer ziploc bag so it wouldnt get wet when rained and put it behind plate lol. im alittle redneck lol. had 2 12" memphis audio subs and the plate rattled like crazy. right now my plate the bolts are kinda stripped so its not even pressed against the bumper its just kinda sitting on the posts and the nuts act like caps so the plate doesnt slide off lol. but if your worried about it scratching u can see the points where it hits and then use those little black foam sticky pieces that go on the bottom of chairs so they dont scrape up the ground. theres a bunch of cheap ways to do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts