Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recived my gauges yesterday. Defi 60mm's. I got boost in psi, oil temp and EGT. They seem to be a first class setup. Great looking instructions and all the hardwhere looks awsome.:D

Can't wait to get them installed (still need my pod). I will start the sensor and wiring part this weekend and will try to document it.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Hey Road Runner,

What housing are you going with?

I have the factory gauge package. I got it installed about two weeks ago and I was really frustrated because every time I went to post and tell you guys about it, I got shot down by our old POS bulletin board server.

The Subaru housing looks very tight in the dash. It has to be the cleanest looking option. One of my friends put 62mm's in his and it looks OK, but he hasn't really worked out securing the gauges. They are just wedged in there right now.

I think I'm going to add a dual A-pillar mount for F/A ratio and EGT.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the Defi pod, havn't got it yet but like the pics. I saw of it installed. I made a mistake in my post I got Defi gauges and control unit. I will edit it. :confused:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Mark,

The Defi pod is definitely custom-looking. It holds much more visible gauges. The subaru housing looks OEM, but it a little bit dim in the dark and does put a little glare on the windshield. The Defi pod looks likeit more adequately blocks the gauge backlighting from the windshield.

How tough are these gauges to wire?

Like I said, I'm eventually going to add a pillar mount. Do you run the signal wires from the ECU or a signal box or what?

-Jim

ps. What the hell does your signature mean?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The gauges come with a controler that has 4 wires. Power, lights, ground and ignition. Looks very simple. The gauges all plug in togather in a daisy chain and there is a harness for each gauge to go from the controler to the sensor's. It all looks very high quality with enough wire to mount where you want. I'll take a pic of the package and put it up.

The computer on my car (auto) will only allow me to go 130 mph and than it cuts my fuel. This is bad.

I scuba dive. The recreational limit is 130 feet deep for 5 min. My dive computer is a little more libral and will let me dive to 130 feet for 6 min.

I just find it interesting that they both limit me to 130.

Kinda stupid I know:rolleyes:

·
Registered
155 Posts
hey roadrunner,
if you don't mind me asking where and how much did you get the gauges for? did it come with the contol unit or did you have to pay for it separately? been doing research on gauges, and might be leaning on the Defi.

thanks bro,
ryan

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got them from Godspeed (Dan/God) They were $775 with the pod and controler. I think he raised his price to $800 since I ordered. I was a little unsure of paying that much but when I saw them I felt better. I'll feel even better when I get the pod *Winks at Dan*. I'm off to the Bahamas in a couple of weeks and would like to get them installed before I go.

Bahamas=turbo back+MBC+new turbo+up pipe.:confused:

·
Registered
155 Posts
thanks road runner.

hey god, your website is finally back up!!

-ryan

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hope they drive fast so I can get it before Friday.

When is your down pipe going to be ready? I want to get a turbo back. I was going to get a COBB stage II but it seems that they won't be comming to the NW anytime soon. I still want a upgraded turbo, FMIC and the exhaust/uppipe. I guess I will just need to do it with a MBC instead of a Unichip. More fun to do it myself I hope.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts