ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it sounds *****in, and is pretty loud but PERFECT for me. HOWEVER, on my way home my worst fear happened, just got my exhaust put on, don't know how loud it is outside, and a cop starts following me. I am absolutely freakin out, trying to keep my exhaust as quiet as my pedal can, and then he just rolled right past :) My magnaflow looks like a stock sti exhaust, BUT with 3in mandrel bent piping and a shinier muffler, pics will be posted later tonight or tomorrow. Needless to say I am a happy camper for 310$, and if anyone in socal needs an exhaust mandrel bent hit me up and I will give ya this guys number.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well.. I got 2.5'' today, straight pipe all the way through.. For legal reasons i decided to stay 2.5'', im going to either get a jdm down pipe or a sti and gut it.. I really dont want a CEL.. and i dont want a cop to look under my car and see a down pipe, then impound my car.. I would rather get an exhaust ticket. I paid 90 dollars and this thing is bad ass, i could def feal a lower end pull with more free flow.. Fun stuff..

·
Registered
166 Posts
i love the way that magnaflow sounds. it sounded great on my old truck and didnt sound to bad on my bro's sunfire. its a nice exhaust and it wasnt to expensive. sounds like u got a good setup.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I really feel for you people in CA with these in my opinion stupid car laws. Move to the south, midwest, or east where no one cares or for that matter find a cop that could tell you what a downpipe was :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
I hear you xaton, I really haven't been bothered yet *Knocks on head*. My friend used to always get bugged by 50 (he had an 02' catless with the TXS RFL TI) when coming home from work late at night (11ish) on rt. 202 out of PA or anytime in Newark. I haven't tested Newark since being catless, those so-called cops will give you a ticket for just standing on Main St. Catless is the way to go.

Sounds like a good setup ero2, I was gonna get a Magnaflow with custom 3" piping but I got a deal on my Espelir that was impossible to refuse. Have fun with it man, nothing sounds better than a piped Rex IMO;)

·
Registered
267 Posts
what is illegal about a downpipe? Is it not CARB certified?

To my knowledge anything upstream or inline with emissions control devices (like cats) needs to be CARB certified...other than that you just need to keep it under 90db and the cops can't do shnit.

Eager to see how this thing looks....
my magnaflow is incredibly inconspicuous but sounds awesome...and i'm really picky.

·
Registered
441 Posts
So the cops are pretty picky up in Newark? I was driving through there last night. But it doesnt matter for me I have KY plates and KY tags so all they can say is please keep it quite in my state :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
scottigee said:
what is illegal about a downpipe? Is it not CARB certified?

To my knowledge anything upstream or inline with emissions control devices (like cats) needs to be CARB certified...other than that you just need to keep it under 90db and the cops can't do shnit.

Eager to see how this thing looks....
my magnaflow is incredibly inconspicuous but sounds awesome...and i'm really picky.
Its pretty ovbvious.. its the emissions control bro.. the amount of gas that comes out of your suby's ass.. :p the cat doesnt only filter the sound.. it filter's the fumes and what not that enter the atmosphere and destroy our earth.. Have a rex with all 3 cats gone rev and you stand behind it.. take a wiff of that.. Thats another reason tend to loud as exhaust.. why cops give you tickets and why downpipes are illegal... Emissions bro.. Catless is causing more smog..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts