Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't have a scanner so i can't post the dyno graphs up yet, so you guys will just have to make do in the meantime ;)

results:

baseline
hp 229.2 @ 6500
tq 186.1 @ 6500

test
hp 247.4 @ 6500
tq 201.0 @ 6250

Mods:

unichip, mbc, VF22, vishnu uppipe, 3inch bellmouth turboback, STi injectors, removed tgvs, ported/polished throttle body, samco y-piece, NGK spark plugs (one range colder)

boost peaked at about 13-13.5psi i believe. i'm running fairly conservative boost levels. though i'm almost positive that the stock intercooler is capable of 15-16 psi with the vf22, i don't want to run the risk of detonation. the mbc is set at about 11 or so psi, but in the higher gears and rpms it will creep a little bit higher (thus the 13 psi max)

overall i'm very pleased with the results. :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Interesting...you seemed to lost a bunch of torque like I did...what kind of dyno was it, and what mods did you have for the baseline?

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the mods listed were what i drove up there to get the car dynoed with.

mustang dynonometer - 4wd, thats all i know about the type of dyno they used.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Penguinking said:
the mods listed were what i drove up there to get the car dynoed with.

mustang dynonometer - 4wd, thats all i know about the type of dyno they used.
Aha...another Mustang dyno...too bad Cobb Tuning doesn't have their dynos up anymore, 'cause they had a Mustang too...I wonder if it's just a tendancy for Mustang dynos to read low torque.

Wait...so your mods made the baseline too? I'm confused...where did the baseline results come from? Or is the higher number after tuning?

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the baseline is what i rolled in on. the final results are what the car made after jason tuned it.

btw, FIS took over after Cobb left texas and went to utah, so its actually the same dyno that they're using ;)

·
Registered
424 Posts
That's damn good for just tuning! Congrats. So did you have a 'base' map for the initial run, or was that on stock ECU.

-Jason

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i had sent the unichip to vishnu prior to getting the car tuned. shiv put a stage 2 map on it, and thats the base map that jason started tuning with

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do you think i could push the boost a little more higher? the most i take it is 13-13.5 or so, but considering the cold weather thats upon us now, i'm wondering if it'll be safe to go to 15 or so :)

thoughts?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Go for it bud, what else ya get the bigger turbo for ;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
13psi? I was under the impression that you could run at least 18psi if you have the fuel and tuning. On a base txs stg 4 map boost is set at 18.5 w/ vf30 and I thought the vf22 could run higher boost. I wasn't aware that the stock intercooler couldn't handle higher boost.:confused:
I understand your trying to prevent detonation and keep it safe but I didn't know you would have to keep the boost that low.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Penguinking said:
the baseline is what i rolled in on. the final results are what the car made after jason tuned it.

btw, FIS took over after Cobb left texas and went to utah, so its actually the same dyno that they're using ;)
Dude, you have no idea how much happier I feel with my dyno numbers. It really must be the nature of Mustang dynos to put out these numbers! You rule, dude! :)

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what other places are using mustang dynos?

if that's true that mustang dynos read a little lower, then what would be the *actual* hp/tq i should be getting?

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Penguinking said:
what other places are using mustang dynos?

if that's true that mustang dynos read a little lower, then what would be the *actual* hp/tq i should be getting?
DynoAuthority is where I got mine done, and it's a Mustang dyno, the only one in Washington state. However, I don't think you can give an *actual* number since every dyno is different...

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok, yeah i know, i'm just trying as hard as i can to get more hp out of my car ;) there's only so much that can be gained from tuning :)

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Penguinking said:
here's the dyno sheet that i finally got scanned in ;)
Nice! How does the car feel now? :)

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Ok Robert, we're gonna have to go for a test drive :D It's amazing how much power a well tuned ECU will give you. I want one :D

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
NICE!

i can't wait to have my car dynoed this summer....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts