ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally! I feel like I've waited forever to get my car tuned.

First impression: Started it up and it idled sooooo much better than before. No sputtering or rough idle at all and instantly I was happy. I took it out on the road and couldn't test it out right away, but it felt really smooth. I finally hit a stretch of road, and I really wasn't prepared for how hard it pulled. It scared the hell out of me and I only took it up to 60mph.
As I got used to it, I took it around some corners and let the back end slide out a few times. Man what a rush! I took it out to an empty stretch of farm road, and did a full out brake torque. Holy sh**!!! It launched like a bat out of hell and the front tires broke loose for a second or two. I did a simulated 1/4 mile (up through 6k in 3rd gear) and it was at 105 mph before I knew it. I'm still all jittery from the adrenaline, I'm sooo happy with the results. The guys at GRD said I have to race my buddy with his automatic. I'm confident that I can whoop his ass.

Dyno results: base run was 186hp and 200lb/ft at the wheels.
best run: 248whp and 204lb/ft :thumbup:

I wish I had a scanner for the dyno chart, because this thing has endless torque. Even though the torque number isn't quite as high, I get roughly 190 torque at 2500 rpm!!! It pulls like hell in the low end. Like I said, I'm soooo happy with my setup!

edit: this was done on a dynapack dyno. on a very conservative tune with 18 psi.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
It sounds like you have a great torque curve, but honestly I'd think there is a lot more power in there with an SR30, 650cc injectors, and an APS front mount. I'm not a big turbo expert, but shouldnt 300whp be quite easy to attain with your setup?
You know better than I do, and I'm definitely not trying to rag on you... your car is a lot faster than mine...
bryan

·
Premium Member
13,353 Posts
Wrinkleboi said:
It sounds like you have a great torque curve, but honestly I'd think there is a lot more power in there with an SR30, 650cc injectors, and an APS front mount. I'm not a big turbo expert, but shouldnt 300whp be quite easy to attain with your setup?
You know better than I do, and I'm definitely not trying to rag on you... your car is a lot faster than mine...
bryan
I gotta agree with Bryan here...Dynapacks tend to read higher than Mustang dynos, but lower than Dynojets, and I'm still running a little more wheel hp than you with less mods on a Mustang dyno....this was a UTEC tune?

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
Verdugo said:
I gotta agree with Bryan here...Dynapacks tend to read higher than Mustang dynos, but lower than Dynojets, and I'm still running a little more wheel hp than you with less mods on a Mustang dyno....this was a UTEC tune?
This was a EcuTEK tune.

GRD are good people :)
well bil isn't, he's just scary.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Wrinkleboi said:
I'd think there is a lot more power in there with an SR30, 650cc injectors, and an APS front mount. I'm not a big turbo expert, but shouldnt 300whp be quite easy to attain with your setup?
I think there's more power to be had out of it. Like Tuan told me, he did a very conservative tune on 18 psi. This turbo is good up to 22 psi (rated at 340 hp). So perhaps in the future if I add more cooling or a TC mod I'll have him re-tune it for more powah.

edit: plus it was his first time tuning an auto on the dyno.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Jeff, like I said on the phone, I think there is another 20 whp in there and certainly more torque. Problem is the stock trans and the fact that it is auto. Every auto I had always dynoed 15-20 whp less (5.0 mustangs, Buick GN, GNX, Z28, and this suby). Id like to be more aggressive with the tune. Tuan is pretty conservative, yet gives nice numbers. He'll tune my cars till he dies. The SR30 tops out around 250-275 with the stock auto and 275-300 with an sr40 (both on a conservative tune).

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well I'm not going to have him throw the car back up on the dyno for another 15 or so hp. I'll wait until I add more mods and upgrade the trans. The numbers that he gave me were dead on what I thought they would be so I'm not disappointed. I was half expecting to see above 250 but it's all good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts