ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all i got a oil change in my car and now i dont know what is wrong with m car because now when i turn on my car the car acts like it will start up but it will not stay running it dies like right after it starts basically i tried disconnecting the battery and leaving it sit for awhile and after i plugged it back in the car started up and it stayed running longer then it did before but shortly after it did die again... i really dont know what is going on with my 2002 subaru wrx im thinking its a problem with the computer such as valet mode but honestly i dont know any tips or ideas people have for me to try to get my car running?

please and thank you
Andrew

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Try unplugging your MAF sensor. It should idle at about 1k-1.5k rpm pretty solidly.

If that resolves your issue, clean the MAF, and perhaps check into what sort of air filter they put in.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
try another key

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
You must have done something else besides just change your oil.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
You must have done something else besides just change your oil.
+1

What kind of extra services did they do?
Have you done any modifications recently?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got my tranny rebuilt and the shop said they took it for a test drive and it ran great. Then i had them do an oil change on the car and now it starts but you have to keep revving it otherwise it dies and even if you keep revving it for awhile it will kill itself... i am not sure how to make my car driveable again its been sitting at the shop all weekend and no one there knows whats wrong with it nether do i im wondering if its from the aftermarket computer which was put in my car by the previous owner or if its something simple or maybe its something complicated thats wrong with the car i really have no idea

·
Registered
35 Posts
check the oil level. maybe they overfilled it. not sure this would cause these symptoms, but start with the obvious first.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill check the oil and also gunna take out the maf and see if it runs im also bringin my spare key with to try that to ill let you all know what happens if i cant gewt it runnin ill have to get it towed home and maybe have to buy a stock computer for it im thinkin if nothin else works

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i took the MAF out and started it and it died within 5 seconds after it started, i then put a brand new MAF in the car and tried that same thing happened it died very close after it started. I also checked the oil and the oil levels are fine the car will still not stay running

·
Æternum
20,919 Posts
IAC valve.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
My buddy had a an issue with his car running once...it was an AVCS filter though. You don't happen to have an STI swap do you?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
^^ That is the thickest sarcasm I've ever seen on here, bravo :p

Bottom line, they unplugged something, unhooked something, unseated something, or just overfilled the thing.

You don't happen to have a CEL, do you?

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Here is my guess. You have an aftermarket intake,that was removed,and when replaced the pipe was put on backwards and now the MAF sensor is backwards.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
hmmm if it was the key the car would shut down immediately after it started so i don't think thats it. Do you have the CEL on?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts