ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I got a new 2012 WRX last week and I need recommendations!
My thoughts are.. Air intake+exhaust or catback n exhaust w window tint.
I prefer spending my 1k on performance ;
How should I spend my $1k on my new Rex?? Thanks!!

·
Registered
67 Posts

I got a new 2012 WRX last week and I need recommendations!
My thoughts are.. Air intake+exhaust or catback n exhaust w window tint.
I prefer spending my 1k on performance ;
How should I spend my $1k on my new Rex?? Thanks!!
What do you want to do? Intake and exhaust as first mods will make your car louder but add minimal gains. I would go Cobb AP first. Even stock the car runs way better than the factory map. Then I would go with a short shifter and bushings. Makes shifting much smoother. Finally I would finish it up with a good tint job. Now your car looks good and doesn't have mods that aren't the best bang for the buck!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,502 Posts
If you see actual winter, buy a set of inexpensive wheels and the best snows you can find. There goes the money.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
SD_GR said:
If you see actual winter, buy a set of inexpensive wheels and the best snows you can find. There goes the money.
Agreed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you want to do? Intake and exhaust as first mods will make your car louder but add minimal gains. I would go Cobb AP first. Even stock the car runs way better than the factory map. Then I would go with a short shifter and bushings. Makes shifting much smoother. Finally I would finish it up with a good tint job. Now your car looks good and doesn't have mods that aren't the best bang for the buck!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
Cobb ap only works on 2012 WRX sti models only so far. Not compatible w WRX as Of yet. I plan to get tint. My car came w sti short shift shifter.

So what do u recommend with $1k?

Snow? I wish, I sadly live in ga:(

·
Registered
10,822 Posts

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Since you are in GA, you might want to look into winter performance tires if it dips below 40F for weeks at a time.... otherwise:

bang for buck, and on the cheap....

Tracrix cable and e-mailed tune...$250 or less
CNT down pipe ($200 catless, 325 catted)
Whiteline sways 24mmf/22mmr...$400
Kartboy endlinks...$210.....OR Kartboy short shifter and bushings $200

·
Registered
902 Posts
Rally Armor mud flaps
Window tint
Kartboy short throw
Cobb AP

Check out Boston Motorsports, especially for the AP. Don't pay retail from Rallysportdirect.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As of now I just got valentine radar/ laser detector + laser jamer..

Tint will be soon,
My car came w the sti short throw,
I want to get the Cobb ap but should I get an intake before cobb ap? Or wait on the intake and catback exhaust AFTER the Cobb ap ?

Thank you ALL for your recommendations!!!!

·
Registered
6,751 Posts

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
intake and catback will make noise - which is fine if that is what you want.

In my opinion, the COBB AP is the best first mod to someone who is just starting. I had one on my WRX and will get one for my STI this spring.

I had an ODBII reader that I have used for all of my cars - but it doesn't work on Subaru's for some reason. The COBB AP also performs the essential task of reading/deleting codes, on top of the mapping.

·
Registered
25,496 Posts
So does a tactrix cable, save your money and get the Torqued performance stage 1&2 package with a tactrix. Cobb ap is a paperweight.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Intake requires a tune, so do not get that until you get your AP or tactrix. Also, as far as I know Cobb does not have a map for 2012's with intake yet as someone mentioned earlier.

My mod order...just got the car in December:
  • Tint
  • Painted tails
  • snow wheels/tires
  • RA mudflaps
  • STI ebay lip
  • Swift sport springs
  • Kartboy STS w/ bushings
  • Cobb AP
  • Cobb SF intake w/ box

1 - 20 of 67 Posts