Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of a good shop in the San Fernando Valley area that can install my prodrive spings? I don't mind driving outside this area as long as they are good.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Dan with D2D Performance. He did my Stg. 4 setup and suspension as well. (213)215-7502. Tell him "Christian" recommended you.

Oh, he's not in the SFV...but it's worth the drive. He's done a looot of Rexes in the area. Not only that but you'll want to look at his Rex. That thing is sick. :wiggles:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I found this shop in the Valley that could do it for me. I was also thinking of getting the Prodrive P1 wheels from them too. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a place called Alan Graham Motoring Accessories. On 6459 Topanga Cyn. Blvd. The guy there seemed pretty knowledgeable and he own's a WRX too. They also have connections to Prodrive so maybe they can get me the wheels that I want. (P1s) I'll be getting the springs put on this Saturday. They are charging about 120 for the installation. Another shop that's in the valley, ESX, was gonna charge me 220 just for installation!?! Those guys are a rip off!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know if I'm a hater or ESX. I've never even stoped by their shop. But the price they gave me is a bit steep. I talked to one of the guys (forgot his name) on the phone and e-mailed. They seem pretty friendly but the stages that they offered was not for me. Plus the price they quoted me for installation of my springs is way expensive. I still might stop by sometime and check them out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I got my springs installed Saturday by the guys from Alan Graham Motoring and they did a pretty good job. The shop was pretty small. It looks more like a stereo shop than a performance shop. They acutally have a garage not too far from their shop where they have a lift and everything else. One complaint was for a 2 hour job it took all day just from the amount of other installs they had going that day. I noticed that they had a couple other Subys there. A Forester XT that was getting a COBB axle back with a Stromung downpipe. Another WRX was in there for a COBB Remapping. It's definitely reasuring to see other Subys in the shop. They are a COBB dealer by the way. Zach, the guy I was dealing, with was definitely knowledgable about Subarus among other things. He's the guy to talk to. Everybody else just knows stereos.

When I finally got it, it definitely lowered the front of the car by a noticeable margin. I was able to put 2 1/2 fingers in the front wheel gap after the install as compared to 5 fingers before the install. The rear didn't change much. It was also 2 1/2 fingers after the install vs. 3. The springs definitely evened out the gaps of the car better.

When I took it out for a spin I noticed that it was firmer than stock but not harsh. Just right for me. Turn in was a lot quicker and surer. I didn't hear any creaks or clunks from the install and it still road straight even without an alignment. I will probably wait a week before I get it aligned anyways. The clearance wasn't reduce so badly to where I had to worry about steep driveways and speed bumps. I haven't scraped yet and that's saying a lot if you know how and where I drive. So far it's been 4 days since the install and I've had no complaints.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts