ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading to Gatlinburg TN to stay in some cabins in the Smokey Mountains this weekend, I'm driving my '10 WRX all the way from Iowa and was wondering if there's any nice roads with great mountain views close to Gatlinburg? I don't want to be driving hours away but if there's any suggestions let me know and I'll look them up. Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you ride into Cherokee there is a road that goes from Gatlinburg all the way to Cherokee. Hell of a road to drive.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
^That is a nice, although busy, road for sure.

You'll have good views but a lot of traffic driving through the park itself, which is right there. I'd loop around back through Chilhowee, or keep going up to Highlands.

You will find yourself on the tail of the dragon that way, one of the best roads in the world. Google it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^That is a nice, although busy, road for sure.

You'll have good views but a lot of traffic driving through the park itself, which is right there. I'd loop around back through Chilhowee, or keep going up to Highlands.

You will find yourself on the tail of the dragon that way, one of the best roads in the world. Google it.
Looks like an awesome road, I'll try to check it out! Thanks for the response

1 - 6 of 6 Posts