ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just experienced a very good reminder of why it is ohh so important not to rush and to research as much as possible before committing to a used car. Found an awesome deal ($23k) on a stock sti with 30k miles out of town on craigslist. I was all set to put a deposit down on the vehicle described below and schedule an inspection & compression check at a local mechanic before making the flight to see this car in person. Decided last minute on a hunch to do a carfax before sending over the deposit money and am I glad I did. Came back as a Salvaged vehicle that had been "title-washed". Apparently this car was a total loss at 20k miles in 2008, salvage title issued, then a clean title issued during a move or sale to California in 2010. The current owner has had the car for less than 2000 miles and is now trying to dump it. Link and description of the car below does not exactly match up with a car that was salvaged at only 20k miles...

2006 Subaru WRX STI - LOW MILES!!!

Selling my prized possession, my 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX - STI. Silver exterior with the blue/black STI interior. This car is in pristine condition. Had a brand new stereo installed... Stereo alone with $800. I also have the stock stereo. Other than this, the car is entirely stock. Car has EXTREMELY low miles, just over 32K. This car has been babied, and always garaged. The interor and exterior are both 10/10. You wont find another STI with this low miles, and this great condition in this price range. I just had a brand new set of tires put on last week, and they have less than 100 miles on them. I have a clean and clear title in my name. In the pictures it has CA plates, but that was the day i bought the car. It now has NV plates and is registered in Nevada. The car blue book value is over 26K. Don't bother with low ball offers, I know what the car is worth, and I am in no hurry to sell. Any questions, feel free to call or text me.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did mention and forward the carfax to him. He claims he had another buyer already inform him of this (which was never mentioned to me before I ran the carfax). He says the DMV told him title washing is not possible and that if it really was salvaged it would say so on the new title, therefore carfax is mistaken. I thanked him for his time and said I was no longer interested. Sounds like a problem car to me.....

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
He say why he was selling it if it's his prized possession? Especially if he had an $800 stereo put in and brand new tires a week ago?

Fishy...glad you walked away OP.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Claims he needs a down-payment for a house. According to the carfax he just bought the car in January this year. He has only had it for 3 months! It does not add up at all. Super fishy.....

The sad thing is that I highly doubt an updated posting with the facts will be going up.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyways, I am back on the market for a low mileage, stock, & never modded 05-07 STI. Let me know if anyone knows of anything unlisted for sale within a day or twos drive from Southern California

1 - 6 of 6 Posts