Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,791 Posts
Thanks. I should have been more clear: I understand what homologated means but I do not know what the OP's sanctioning body allows to be fitted on cars in the OP's class. So I was asking "what wheels, tyres, sizes, brands, etc." are homologated.

Sorry!

The follow-up questions are stuff like "how long are the stages?" etc. but we're not there yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
16 or 17 inch wheel would be good.... not too worried about whose name is on it or how much it weighs or anething like that..... just need a good reliable setup

..... no longer than 4 miles and no shorter than 2

just kindof a club thing no sanctioning

·
19,791 Posts
OK then start cheap. I do not know of any gravel 17s but I am sure they're out there.

- Call up your local teams and ask to buy a few sets of their used tyres. They're in more of a hurry than you and they have more money, so this makes sense.
- Look into a sturdy roadgoing M&S on a cheap (ugly, bought used) set of stock road wheels to get started.
- Win the lottery. Then call Hankook (see if they make an R201 in your size) and Kumho (ask about R800 I suppose) and so on. Also call Compomotive and tell them your fitment needs and have everything shipped. Makes sure it's a decent lottery. I left Michelin out because lotteries only go so far.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Thanks. I should have been more clear: I understand what homologated means but I do not know what the OP's sanctioning body allows to be fitted on cars in the OP's class. So I was asking "what wheels, tyres, sizes, brands, etc." are homologated.

Sorry!
Sorry, should've figured the Mod would've known..! :rotfl:

·
19,791 Posts
Sorry, should've figured the Mod would've known..! :rotfl:
Heh-heh... My fault. The mod should have written something clearly!

To the OP: Make sure to ask whether the wheels you buy clear your brake setup, whatever that may be.

·
19,791 Posts
anething in the mid range or is it all low or high in the wallet department?
Gravels are not cheap, and I think the economy of scale has at least something to do with that. If you are just out having fun once in a while and the roads are actual roads, not proving grounds or the moon or anything, look into civilian roadgoing M&S stuff with lots of thick tread chunks. It's a place to start and even if you don't like them you can use them to drive to the store etc. instead.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.