ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
You still have 1K rpm to go you pu$$y b4 you red line, next time take a pic of that.;)
Just kidding, thats hot. I know I wouldn't go that fast in my stock rex (re92's), or maybe not even that fast at all :D :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've done the similar long long time ago, with my SBC-ID recorded at 153mph, and I know for sure it can still can pull a little more. I don't remember exactly where the RMP is, i thought it was rather close to 6500.

I thought on the stock car, the ECU will cut the boost controller at 130mph. Oh well.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
silvscorp said:
I've done the similar long long time ago, with my SBC-ID recorded at 153mph, and I know for sure it can still can pull a little more. I don't remember exactly where the RMP is, i thought it was rather close to 6500.

I thought on the stock car, the ECU will cut the boost controller at 130mph. Oh well.

without reflash i have also done about that much..even more because my revs were a little higher..at the time with just up/dp/mbc and intake (now no intake and i got catback)..so i dont think stock has a governor...not for manuals atleast...i didnt have a reflash than..i dont have one now

·
Registered
8 Posts
ive seen mine a little bit farther than that before....definitely dont wanna take your hands off the wheel going that fast

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
ScreaminDemon said:
You took that pic while driving at 145MPH?
Lol.. well depending on the road thats a good or bad idea. MY rex feels more stable in 110mph than in 60mph so a few mph more is no problem unless your on a twisted bumpy road..

I drove 125mph on a bumpy gravel road once, there I needed both hands on the steeringwheel :D particulary when the car touched the ground after small 25meter jumps :tongue:

So taking a picture on a straight road with no other cars is no problem. Untill you blow a tire or something, but then again your fuc#ed anyway ;)

Nice pic ;) never had my rex faster then 145mph myself. Our roads suck and cops are everywhere.. :( (Been taken by cops @ that speed would mean 1 year in prison where I live..)

·
Registered
878 Posts
fastest i've hit was last week chasing a 330i we hit 120 at which point i cameback to reality and remembered that in a 45 speed limit that kind of speed = trip to jail and promptly hit the brakes the bmw kept on going. And yes for some reason the rex has very good dynamics the faster i go the more stable it feels, it actually feels like the car is sticking to the ground more, not scary at all.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
hahahaha..... nice! was that max out yet? the fastest i ever driven to would be 125 mph in my 99 accord v6. it's funny how i took that car to 125 mph, but never had the guts to take my subby up to even 110. the max i've taken my wrx to would be about 100 mph. i guess it took a few white hairs and tickets to keep me under the three digits numer. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
heres mine.... Middle of Wyoming... I decided not to do it any more after thinking about all the stress that puts on the turbo though.....

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have to find my pics of the gauge cluster from when I was driving a diesel BMW 600 series at about 245kph (my friend took the pic from the backseat while his father was yelling "Schnell!" in German at me). :)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
WiCkeDrEx said:
the fastest i ever driven to would be 125 mph in my 99 accord v6. it's funny how i took that car to 125 mph, but never had the guts to take my subby up to even 110. the max i've taken my wrx to would be about 100 mph

Haha, im exactly the same way...the fastest i ever went in my old car was 125 cuz thats what the limiter would cut it out at. but since ive owned my rex, i havent gone much over 100mph, and even then it was only for a few seconds. But out here there really arnt any good roads to take it up that far. Theres long stretches...but they're not great quality. Im sure one day i'll grow a pair and see what she can do...maybe after i get rid of the 92's...haha

·
ClubWRX.net Vendor
500 Posts
i tried that while chasing a corvette. Don't know how fast I was going, but I know that when we both hit this slight rise/bump, he kept flying right along, whereas I was pondering meeting my creator as I had no control for about 2 seconds. WRX were definately not designed for high speed travel. ....They sure are capable to hit excessively stupid speeds though.

p.s.: Luke, got the check. Thanks!!!:thumbup: You're a good dude. Will build your box and send it out no later than tuesday the moment the glue has set and dried. I've got oem carpet to match the rest of your trunk, as well as P2's in stock to get proper dimensions, pre-cut the hole, and wire up the box for you. I'll send pic's the moment it's done.

Claudiu Ene
Sales Manager "Sound Waves", Van Nuys

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well now I know this is an old thread but I will beat the dead horse in that I hate you guys my 02wrx auto can't go past 130mph b/c the speedlimiter kicks in and topspeed ever was buried a 155mph speddometer in my 02ws6 that thing has good aerodynamics I actually felt the car sink at 110mph from the wind. The speed was hit and I had about 500rpms left. Sorry no pic 2 scared to take my hands off the wheel. I live in N.Y. by the way so if I can do it so can you. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts