ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just have a few questions on some mods. Im looking for some good quality parts, and for now, dont consider price...

i am looking for

a cat-back exhaust system

a downpipe

an up-pipe

an 18G turbo up-grade kit

a front-mount intercooler kit

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hey guys, i just have a few questions on some mods. Im looking for some good quality parts, and for now, dont consider price...

i am looking for

a downpipe

an up-pipe

You most likely going to get a bunch of biased opinions, but whatever, I guess I'lll start....
The hands down cheapest and most effective FMIC is the SS AutoChrome. Its a direct duplicate of the TXS model only its 299 shipped.
My favorite DP is again the TXS, its the cheapest in catless form and also huge, mates up to the loudest catback and again my fav, RFL catback (REALLY Fing LOUD) or stock or countless others. Far as uppipe is concerened, i dont know..or 18g but im sure someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts

i am looking for

a downpipe

an up-pipe

What type of EM do you want to use?

We are running some spiecals on Exhausts and some other stuff...check it out and let me know..everything on our site fits well and it high quality ;)

APS has been good to me as far as FMIC's go...and we can get you
Blouch WRX/STI TD05H-18G all day long for $1090

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
You most likely going to get a bunch of biased opinions, but whatever, I guess I'lll start....
The hands down cheapest and most effective FMIC is the SS AutoChrome. Its a direct duplicate of the TXS model only its 299 shipped.
My favorite DP is again the TXS, its the cheapest in catless form and also huge, mates up to the loudest catback and again my fav, RFL catback (REALLY Fing LOUD) or stock or countless others. Far as uppipe is concerened, i dont know..or 18g but im sure someone else will chime in.
The SS autochrome is not a direct duplicate of the turboxs. The only thing they really share is the core, which isn't strange since most big companies outsource their IC cores from China. The biggest difference is that the SSAC kit uses steel intercooler piping, tuboxs uses alumimum. For street driving you probably won't ever notice a difference, but just so nobody gets it twisted..they aren't duplicates...

Turboxs exhaust parts are 2nd to none in my opinion...some of the best make stuff in the business if you ask me.

·
Registered
855 Posts
The SS autochrome is not a direct duplicate of the turboxs. The only thing they really share is the core, which isn't strange since most big companies outsource their IC cores from China. The biggest difference is that the SSAC kit uses steel intercooler piping, tuboxs uses alumimum. For street driving you probably won't ever notice a difference, but just so nobody gets it twisted..they aren't duplicates...

Turboxs exhaust parts are 2nd to none in my opinion...some of the best make stuff in the business if you ask me.

Your correct. They are quite similar though, and for the $500+ savings, they SSAC are awesome!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
The biggest difference is that the SSAC kit uses steel intercooler piping, tuboxs uses alumimum
Not true, ssac uses aluminun piping as well. I know this because I had to have a performance shop weld my BOV adapter on because it was aluminun.

As for the turbo, an FP td05 18g runs $875. Blouch has a very good 18g and I like the people at boostbuddy.com as well, headers for $250 and were at my door step in 3 days. You will need a few more mods to do an upgrade(em, fuel system, rai/cai, inlet, ec.) If your on a budget FP is great, if you have a bit of extra cash Blouch is a bit better. Personaly I am going with FP. Stay away from slowboy and any $500 18g.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What type of EM do you want to use?

We are running some spiecals on Exhausts and some other stuff...check it out and let me know..everything on our site fits well and it high quality ;)

APS has been good to me as far as FMIC's go...and we can get you
Blouch WRX/STI TD05H-18G all day long for $1090

i was planning on just using a Codd AccessPort. Would that work, just with a Protune?

·
Registered
59 Posts
For the uppipe, downpipe, and catback I'd go with Perrin. For the FMIC I went with APS 525 and the turbo I went with APS S/R 56.
If you want great airflow go with the dualtube catback from Perrin, it has two 2.5" tubes, its not the loudest but its effective.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
wut about suspension?

what are some good coilovers and anti-sway bars?

Suspension is my Favorite :)

These Coil Overs rock...we have used them on every car we race

http://www.boostbuddy.com/servlet/Categories

And here is what I suggest for Endlinks and with a Agency Power rear Sway Bar...the Front is already 20mm and putting a 22mm on the rear will cut back on the understeer but not too much..these are the best bang for your $$

http://www.boostbuddy.com/servlet/Detail?no=193

1 - 12 of 12 Posts