ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shopping around for a deal on an 09 WRX, with little success. Found a place that would special order, but said it would typically take 30-90 days to take delivery, possibly as much as 180 days. They would also require $1k deposit as well. I didn't want to wait that long and tie up a large deposit.

I found another dealership that quoted me a slightly higher, price and has one in stock ready to sell. Anyways, the price the manager quoted was $26,990 not including tax and documentation fee (~$200). This is for a 4 door premium with tinted windows, auto dimming mirror, wheel locks, and the all weather floor mats. Edmunds.com says that that the invoice is $26,782 with these options.

Sounds like a decent deal to me, as it's in the neighborhood of a percent over the invoice price. Should I go for it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
premium MSRP is about 27500 for the sedan (a few hundred more for the hatch), and destination is supposed to be another $6-700. The other options you listed are about another $500. So I would say not bad at all! You do have to consider that this car just started selling last month, there aren't super crazy deals to be had yet. The dealers have to see how they're selling first.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got a quote for a 09 WRX premium sedan with no options for 26,199 (Plus a ~$200 fee). This is what the guy said without me even showing signs of haggling so I think once I unleash my negotiation skills and remind him of the economy and the number of people actually buying new cars, I could get it quite a bit lower. I'm thinking atleast around or below ~25k. Is that a reasonable figure to aim for?

Also, the premium includes the winter package so I can't really think of any options I'd need. What options have you guys come to love or wish you'd gotten?
Are auto dimming mirrors just for the people who are too lazy to flick the little lever on the mirror when there's glare? They come standard with the lever right? So it's just the "auto" part that's an option?

(I live in NH, so I plan on picking up a set of winter tires)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Deal

Both of those appear to be good deals. Keep in mind while shopping around that it will be difficult to "steal" an '09 WRX with all of the positive press that's continuting to come out. At least at my dealership (Atlanta area), we have gotten a lot of purchase or hold requests for the WRX before its arrival. Also, while new car sales are at historic lows across the market, Subaru is still selling strong (and even leasing strong while many of the domestics have stopped that part of the market completely). Keep driving (and buying) Subaru!

·
Registered
4 Posts
do you guys believe the motortrend test of the 09 wrx, 0-60: 4.8sec, 1/4mile: 13.5? Also I might be getting an 09 wrx in the spring here, and I was wondering whether you guys thought the sedan or the hatch would be better.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
dafugwrx said:
do you guys believe the motortrend test of the 09 wrx, 0-60: 4.8sec, 1/4mile: 13.5? Also I might be getting an 09 wrx in the spring here, and I was wondering whether you guys thought the sedan or the hatch would be better.
Depends on your needs (hatch is probably heavier, and therefore, a bit slower) - do you haul much stuff around? Do you need the extra interior room of the hatch? Which do you prefer the look of?

·
Registered
4 Posts
well, im not really sure which one I like better, I mean the hatch didnt seem appealing at first, but it has grown on me, I don't NEED the hatch to move stuff, it would be nice but I am more in to performance and the sti is a hatch so there must be some performance aero-dynamics about the hatch right?

·
Registered
146 Posts
...hatch is probably heavier, and therefore, a bit slower...
Hatch and sedan actually weigh the same (shorter, one less muffler).

The drag coefficient is higher for the hatch, but weight distribution is better due to a shorter rear overhang.

Personally, while I have the hatch and like the large cargo capacity, I think the sedan with aero kit looks slicker.

-riz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I managed to knock a few hundred off the price, got it down to $26,790 + the doc fee, picked it up yesterday. Really happy with it so far, the suspension is reasonably stiff and feels sure footed on the road. Hopefully I won't get a speeding ticket too soon :cool:

The thing I was not prepared for was the sales pitch for the extended warranty. This was different because if you do not make a claim against the warranty, you get your money back at the end of the term. If claims are made, you can get a refund pro-rated for the length of time it was in force. Anyways, I got the 4 year one, but am thinking if I want to keep it or just get a refund on it.

Anyone have any experience with this Subaru extended warranty service?

With winter coming upon us as well, anyone have recommendations for winter tires?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Yabba said:
The thing I was not prepared for was the sales pitch for the extended warranty. This was different because if you do not make a claim against the warranty, you get your money back at the end of the term. If claims are made, you can get a refund pro-rated for the length of time it was in force. Anyways, I got the 4 year one, but am thinking if I want to keep it or just get a refund on it.

Anyone have any experience with this Subaru extended warranty service?
I actually like their "extended warranty program" - just so you and everyone else is aware, the warranty is only transferable in a private party sale. If it goes through the dealer, the previous warranty is void, and cannot be transferred.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Thread cleanup because these morons can't stop taking potshots at each other.

OP: There are many factors that effect the pricing that a dealer is willing to give you. Pit them against each other when possible, and most definitely look for opportunities to haggle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mo payments

Depends on your credit, obviously. I think that the 09 wrx has incintive rates right now. at 4.9% 60 mo and 27500 price in NH where there is no tax then your looking at 520 a month according to the calculator.

So what are your monthly payments on these cars going for 26-27K?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Depends on your credit, obviously. I think that the 09 wrx has incintive rates right now. at 4.9% 60 mo and 27500 price in NH where there is no tax then your looking at 520 a month according to the calculator.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn, I am paying around $330/mth for my 04. I think I am gonna keep it:wiggles:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts