Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! :wave: Sometime in the next couple of months, I am going to be in the market for a new WRX. I am a Westchester County (Harrison), New York resident, so I know there are quite a few Subaru dealerships around here. To anyone in the NYC area who has recently purchased, what are some dealerships I should go to, or at the very least, get in touch with? Any dealerships where you particularly had a good experience, or offered you a price you couldn't resist? Conversely, are there any retailers in the area I should avoid? I am in the embryonic stages, and have been in touch with the dealerships in Stamford, CT and Ramsey, NJ. I'm waiting to hear back from Ramsey, but Stamford said they can get me the WRX Limited, with the options I want, at about $2,500 below MSRP. I have just begun poking around, so I welcome suggestions. Thank you all!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went through Clayton M at Ramsey. Drove all the way from Ohio to pick it up. Totally satisfied with the price and service I received.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have found that Ramsey is particularly difficult to deal with. They do not offer much room on price and didn't really seem to care about making the sale. This was on a wrx limited, and the one they had with the options I wanted was a dealer trade with 300+ miles on the clock and some cosmetic damage. Only offered $500 to compensate for a damaged new car.

I ended up purchasing from Wayne Subaru. They had exactly what I was looking for, and they are more of a non-negotiating dealership. This may seem like a bad thing but the price they offered me was significantly lower than that car at Ramsey, even after factoring in the $500 worth of damage credit and after about an hour of haggling. This is not to mention they have incredibly low fees, saving me almost $1000 on fees alone if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went through Clayton M at Ramsey as well, the OP from this thread: https://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-state/134354181-clubwrx-new-car-buying-program-its-back.html . From there, I reached out to Clayton and we discussed the pricing of the options I wanted. I also checked between Wayne and Victory. Ended up ultimately going to Ramsey, no other dealer gave me a better price in the Tri-State area. Drove up from Brooklyn, NY. Totally satisfied with my experience at Ramsey with Clayton and Stanislav V, my direct Sales consultant. I respect the honest conversation.

Stan had me set up and everything went very smooth. Feel free to explore the thread and contact Clayton.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I spoke with Clayton at Ramsey when I was shopping around for my WRX. He was actually quite skeezy, increasing price when I was getting ready to order and was leaning towards ordering through him. When I said no because of the increased price he tried to persuade me back with the promise of an ambassador coupon.
In just over the last year, I have purchased and leased a Subaru from Van Bortel in Victor NY and have referred a friend who purchased as well. All 3 were with Cody Barkley and the process was super easy, stress free, and honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts