Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I'm gonna get my lazy ass to go down to a subaru dealer to leave $500 deposit.
Most likely, I'm gonna go to Renick Subaru in Fullerton, CA becuase they were the only one that said that they're willing to go below MSRP. Other dealers said "Oh, NO WAY that we can go lower than MSRP on WRX" haha
I went down to a local subaru dealer today hoping to get a test drive, but I was politely rejected. He said "the car's too fast for you to test drive" :rolleyes:

Now, there is a big problem. I know I want a sedan with manual tranny.. but I still don't know what color to get. I like the blue the most, but I've seen too many of them...

Black, I don't know if I can keep it clean for longer than a year.. I love how rob's car looks though :D and CLEAN black color car looks the best in my opinion

White, my current car is white honda civic.. I still like white.. but I kinda wanna try something different.. but still a possibility.
Silver and burgundish red.. they are nice.. but i don't really like them much..

So Blue, Black, or white.. HMMMM!!! I'm gonna have problem sleeping for the next 2-3 dyas :D

btw, anyone have any recommendation on what color and options to get?? For options, I think I want the short shifter and the armrest extension. anything else that you really like and wanna recommend me? I'll greatly appreciate your input.

Lastly, let's set up So Cal meeting for October!! ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
too fast to drive??? what on earth? hehe..

i took one out for a test drive last weekend and put 27 miles on it. Mountain roads, interstate and everything. It was a blast.

Color...i've never had a black car...yes it's sharp, but a pain to maintain (clean) so i've been told and read.

I like the blue. It's sharp. Bright. Sticks out. :)

Aftermarket...i'm planning on buying a pretty sparse car and buying some subaru oem stuff off subaruparts.com and installing them myself later on.

Good luck! have fun!

~V

·
Registered
99 Posts
My brand-new pearl blue WRX looks megaPHAT!!! But I also like the silver one; it was a toss-up, so I let the wife decide...

Just hurry up and GET ONE. You'll love it! And stick with the STICK, unless you're grandparents will also be driving it. Hey, it's a performance car isn't it?? Good luck!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Out of the colors your willing to get... I'd say Black (but it will be really hot in the summer) I think White would look pretty cool.....Blue is a really really common color... everyone's going to have one.... so be bold... be different! he he he

I wouldn't bother paying Subaru another $300 for their short shifter... you can get an aftermarket one that works just as well for under $130... and it takes 20-45 minutes to install.... But I would definitely suggest getting one.... :D

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: Kenneth2000 ]

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
i like the black. hot in the summer? you got A/C right!? tint out the windows too!

the blue is great becasue its the rally blue, but there are SO many out there. the reason i really like the rex is that you are not one in a million of the same cars on the road. see if the A4 owners, or 3 series owners can say that! becasue of this, i would say silver or black

good luck. kick ass and drive fast.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Drive fast and safely, right dark rex?? ;)

*Update* I went to Renick Subaru yesterday and test drove a silver WRX 5 spd that they had. Only went up to around 5,000 rpm but man! was it fast! Shifter felt pretty nice. But i got stuck once trying to put into 3rd gear. The guy that i talked to said that he does that quiet often and recommended that I get a short shifter too. But he said there's a shop that modifies stock shifter for $120 and told me that would be better choice than the Sti short shifter. Or he said I could get a Syms short shifter for around $400 if i really want it.

Still can't decided on the color!!! :mad: I wish I was rich enough to buy one in each color :D but anyways.. I'll let you guys know if anything new comes up... have fun you lucky bastards!! :D

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
im pretty happy with the stock shifter. but id like to hear abou the $120 mod! any details?

congrats on the drive. don't worry about the slip, trust me, you'll have no problem after an hour of driving, :D

drive safe? eeeeeeehhhhhh.

get the silver. the one that sold me was a loaded silver w/ g-FX.

beautiful.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the $120 mod he told me is pretty simple.

He told me that there's only one thing that's different between the stock shift linkage and the Sti shift linkage. There is a shop in Huntington Beach, CA called ISR or something.. and for $120, they modified the "one thing" so you won't have to pay extra $$$ for the same part that you already have. Sounds like a good idea. And the good thing is, he said that mod won't void the warranty. The guy I talked to was real mod friendly, and he was the sales manager. So i guess i won't have to worry that much about the warranty :D

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Hello Tristin,

Check out the post in here that shows how to bargain with the dealers in this forum, i forgot what it's called but it was posted pretty recent.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Yep that would be it, i'm going to post it as a new thread and it will be credited to you, that way it will help out those who are planning to get a WRX or any other cars.

Thanks again Mike, oh and e-mail me if you are interested in becomming a moderator.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts