ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was searching the web last week and found Gold paint for wheels and be damnded if i can find it again...any body have any ideas?? the paint was designed for wheels and stated it was more scratch and chip resistent...maybe just hype dunno...but on our new {next week} Pearl Blue Plasma rex i think it would look awsome...thanks Jeff

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my guess is your not liking it?? oh well i will see after i get the car and take pics and try to put gold on the pics...i just think it will look good..we are not selling the winter tires and wheel with the ''09 Rex so i will try those first....jeff

·
Registered
463 Posts
Any good automotive paint is going to be strong and chip resistant, its the bond to the metal that is the weak link. It's all in the prep work. The method I followed in my thread (rage-wrx posted above) is a proven one that is sure to last.
I have a ton of paint left over from that project, if you're interested in buying some. Can't ship these materials, though. Where are you located?

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
1. If your going to spend an outrageous amount of money on wheel paint.. Have them powdercoated it's $40 a wheel and if you can't find someone to do it for $40 a wheel call other places.

2. If you don't want to spend $40 per wheel buy krylon fusion. It works great and is ~4 per can.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Any good automotive paint is going to be strong and chip resistant, its the bond to the metal that is the weak link. It's all in the prep work. The method I followed in my thread (rage-wrx posted above) is a proven one that is sure to last.
I have a ton of paint left over from that project, if you're interested in buying some. Can't ship these materials, though. Where are you located?
Plasma blue Wrx must be from Canada

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
^^^ ????

Edit...US only has Plasma Blue STIs, not WRXs I assume?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Pure sex! I really wish I had know Plasma Blue was gonna be a '12 option. I might have ordered it instead of getting the DGM. The DGM is sexy though with the gray wheels. :)

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
spirited09wrx said:
does this add a different tint/shade to the gold paint?
They told a friend to use red primer when he bought his. Don't know why...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts