ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

About to make my first big purchase and I figured I'd join the forums and get your thoughts on some things. I have finally decided that the WRX is what I want, had an appointment with a dealer yesterday and showed up to find out the guy I was supposed to be meeting was out sick and the car that was supposed to arrive on Thursday ended up not coming. Over and over again I was told that ordering one was my best bet so I ultimately have decided to order one with everything I want.

I'm having issues choosing a color though! I've heard a lot of mixed feelings about Subaru paint being not as appealing as others, I'm curious what you think about the red as I have never seen one in person so it's hard to get an idea of how it actually looks. I am strongly opposed to white and silver, as every other car on the road is one or the other.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd suggest asking them to check around some other dealers to see if they have something that would fit your needs. The dealer I bought mine from was awesome with this and I ended up really being happy with my purchase.

I haven't seen a red but it looks really, really bright. I passed on red being afraid of police issues. I know you said no white or silver but I really like both of them. I attached a picture of mine.

I guess if I didn't want red, white or silver I'd take a good look at blue.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I'm loving my DGM STI. It's not quite black and it's not those lighter silver or white colors either.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had a really hard time picking out a color too, here were my thoughts on each color-

Black- really wanted it at first but I know it's high maintenance, especially with Subaru paint
Blue- had it on my '02 WRX, and it's beautiful on the new ones, but I wanted something different and less flashy
White- looks really sharp but not as aggressive as the dark colors on the WRX in my opinion, and like you said there are white cars everywhere at the moment
Red- haven't seen it in person once yet, but wanted to go less flashy with mine- if you're a fan of red though it might be a good option
Silver- Blah

I ended up getting DGM and have been happy with it- it's darker than most manufacturer's shades of dark grey, but easier to maintain than black for sure. I think it's a good option if you like the aggressive look but also want to keep it under the radar a bit. Bright colored WRX's can get a lot of attention for the wrong reasons. Good luck with the decision, I'm sure you will love whatever you get!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
DGM is the fastest color!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wifey and I initially wanted the Dark Grey Metallic. It looks so nice with the stock wheels. I ultimately chose plasma blue metallic as it has the most depth and the color I see least on the road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts